We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who is going in October?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Who is going in October?

It is a little early I know, but I am so excited. I haven't been since before being pregnant with my son - 2004. Nothing like fall in the Smokies!

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who is going in October?

Welcome Mamabear...have a great trip!! We went last Oct...beautifull!!

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who is going in October?

we are planning a trip for late oct. can't wait to see the beautiful fall colors in person. it will be our 3rd trip to the smokies but the first in the fall.

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Who is going in October?

I'll be there October 25- 30th. I always go in the summer and now I 'll be able to say I've been in the fall. Staying in Townsend at a Top of Townsend Cabin (White Pines). Looking forward to the fall colors of the Smokies!

Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who is going in October?

We'll be there the weekend before Halloween :)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Who is going in October?

Mexicotanned-

I too was always a summer visitor....but had always wanted to go in the fall. I have been twice in the fall and loved it. You will not be disappointed! The colors are so vivid and the weather so nice. It is a wonderful escape for a Florida girl!

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
455 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who is going in October?

We may four trips each year and one is always the latter part of October. "If the Good Lord's Willing and the Creeks Don't Rise", we'll be there again this October, that is if we can afford the gas! I really had my heart set on coming in hubbie's truck so I could buy at least two and possibly four of the wooden rockers from the Amish store - I'm thinking four would fit in the back of the truck, but with the gas prices if we come, it'll more than likely be in the car.

alabama
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Who is going in October?

I hope we will be there in october,could not make our usual spring trip..elderly mother,elderly dog(my baby)having health issues,both are much improved,so hopefully we can do our annual fall trip...which means a whole year between trips!! ahh!!the fall colors,the smell of woodburning fireplaces,blue sky,crisp air....french toast royale at the log cabin pancake house...yes!!!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who is going in October?

We went last October (my first!), and plan to be there this October, when the kids get out for fall break.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who is going in October?

We'll be there October 9-13th for Columbus Day weekend. The kids have a loooong weekend so we're taking a trip to celebrate hubby's 40th and my youngest's 12th bday. Staying at Top of Townsend again and can't wait.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Who is going in October?

I dont make plans that far ahead. This is just May. Who knows where I will be in Oct. Too far ahead to make any plans.