We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

I never go to Gatlinburg in May. Could someone tell me why the Christmas decorations are up on the stip? It looks like the while tree forms that are wrapped around the street lights for the holidays. Does this maybe have something to do with Memorial Day? Thanks!

Waynesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

Mtnbeach,

I was wondering the same thing. My daughter and I were looking at Gatlinburg a couple of nights ago and she asked if that was Christmas lights???

shannon

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

does anyone know the answer?

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

I think its for Memorial Day Weekend.Doesnt look like its anything but the lights...no other decor I can see....

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

I saw that too...last night. I saw one of the trees lit up that they put on the poles for Winterfest. I thought that would be an odd decoration for Memorial Day.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

I think they left them up for me! LOL They knew I did not get to go this past winter after they were up!

I was shocked Tue. when I arrived and they were still up!

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

Please tell me they don't leave those up year round??? That is a HUGE pet peeve for me. I hate when I see someone's house and they haven't taken down the lights and it's APRIL - much less JUNE!

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

I do not think they were up last year in April. I think I would remember them.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

I sent an email to the help desk at the mountain chalets that does the web cam and she said she did not see any christmas lights. I was asking her if it was live for real and she said yes. I told her that I see Christmas lights and I did not see them last week when I looked at the cam and she said there are no christmas lights. I am glad that I am not the only one seeing them. I thought I was going bonkers.

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

Well, the only time I saw them was about two nights ago. I saw one of the blue/white trees they have on the poles and it was lit up. But every other time I've looked, I haven't seen any lights at all. I checked during the day yesterday and earlier this morning and they were not there. Strange.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatlinburg cam, Decorations?

They were there Tue. threw yesterday. I do not know if I got any pictures down that far. I think I did I will check in a few minuets when I upload. If I quit reading on here long enough!