We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin rental in economical price range

palmbeach
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cabin rental in economical price range

Hello,

I'm looking for most economical cabin rental for two night stay on June6, June7 (4 Bed room or 5 bed room). Wonder if some good one are availble for $125-$150 per night

TIA

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin rental in economical price range

Hello-saw your post on the GSMNP page as well. I did quite a bit of research on cabins about a year ago and I may be wrong, but think you will be hard pressed to find a cabin with that many bedrooms in your price range.

Do you really need 4-5 bedrooms or are you trying to accomodate 4-5 couples or 8-10 people?

We stayed last year, and will be staying again in October, at Top of Townsend, which of course, is in Townsend. Lovely place! Our cabin, Rachel's Roost, is $115/night for two people and an additional $5/night per extra child and $10/night for extra adult. There are 3 queen beds and a futon with a trundle but technically it's a 1 bedroom/2 full bath with a sleeping loft. We had 4 adults and 3 kids (1 toddler) in it last year for $145/night. I think they have 1 or 2 more cabins that accomodate a few more people.

Anyways, it was a great location and one of the most economical places I found during my research. I think you will probably find more places closer to what you want to spend if you can make do with fewer actual bedrooms. There are a gazillion cabins in the area and even if you spend more per night than you plan you can easily save the difference by having a kitchen, buying groceries, and avoid all the eating out that a hotel room may neccessitate.

palmbeach
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin rental in economical price range

Thanks a lot librarychic,

Yes we are about 4-5 couples ( 10 plud 4 kids ) . Wonder if you could post the link/website address where you stayed..I would appreciate

TIA

Murfreesboro
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin rental in economical price range

As for finding a cheap cabin along those lines there are some things that you can do. Many of the cabin rental places will offer last minute booking deals. You can get a really good deal on a nice cabin for cheap. I would try http://patriotgetaways.com/they give specials for a cabin that it is close to date and no one has booked yet. Also there are many other places that will do that if I were you I would go and find a couple of cabins you like then call the rental place up and try to see if you can get some deals. I hope this has been somewhat helpful.

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin rental in economical price range

WOW with 5 couples chipping in seems like you could get something in the 200-250 range. That would only be 40-50 a night a couple.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin rental in economical price range

Here's the link:

http://www.topoftownsend.com/

However, I don't think they have a large enough cabin to accomodate 14-you'd probably need to rent 2.

As was mentioned, you are close enough to your traveling dates that you may find a deal from someone with an empty property for those dates. Have you tried VRBO? I looked into them for our upcoming trip to Orlando and found them to be very reputable and I think you may find more flexibility in rates as individual owners may be willing to take a lower rate rather than leave their property unrented.

That said, I do really love Top of Townsend and if it fits your budget I do not think you'd be disappointed. I think you will also be very pleased with the time you are visiting. We were there about a week later last summer and found the park to be pleasantly uncrowded. We also saw lots of bears, had great weather and truly had a fabulous trip.

Let us know how it turns out for you!!

Librarychick

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabin rental in economical price range

I have seen some pretty good deals, but 8 bucks per person. That may be a stretch. I cannot imagine a cabin owner renting that cheap.

But, best of luck with your search, you may want to try some of the rent by owner sites.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabin rental in economical price range

I agree with J-Suds about patriotgetaways...they have very pretty cabins, and usually have great pay for 2 nights get 3rd for free.

8. Re: Cabin rental in economical price range

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 12:21