We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honesty at Lineberger's Seafood

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Honesty at Lineberger's Seafood

www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm…

I've never eaten there since I live close to the coast, and we eat plenty of seafood here. But this sort of honesty is fleeting these days, and should be recognized.

I still can't believe the owner didn't give them a reward, but it's a great story, anyway.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honesty at Lineberger's Seafood

That's great but why would anyone have 10K cash in your purse?

Waynesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
183 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honesty at Lineberger's Seafood

BradMac,

Don't ever eat there. It is nothing like what we are used to here in south ga. It is like sea pak shrimp. I should have known

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honesty at Lineberger's Seafood

Agreed, VeeBee. I wondered the same thing. And who would fly home without their pocket book when they knew it had 10 g's in it. LOL

Shannon, thanks for the heads-up. Nothing worse than bad seafood.

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honesty at Lineberger's Seafood

Did anyone find it strange that the lady was able to fly home without her Drivers license? I don't know of any airport security that would go for that. I guess anyone who carries 10K around must also charter their own private plane. Odd...

South Boston...
Level Contributor
855 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honesty at Lineberger's Seafood

I know a girl who got to the airport and didn't have anything to identify herself, she was a cute 18 yr old blonde who when she called her dad to tell him that she forgot her id he told her to find any young man that works at the terminal to help her and believe it or not she got on the plane with that young mans help.. she new her flight info. and all of her personal info. so they gave her a temp. i.d. pass to fly that day...I guess good looks and personality can still help out in a pinch..LOL!!!

still think the whole $10,000.00 in a purse left behind sounds fishy... I would miss that flight and pay for another before I would leave that behind..

6. Re: Honesty at Lineberger's Seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 19:18