We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin within walking distance

Tennessee
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cabin within walking distance

Hey guys,

my family is headed to the mountains on June 27-30. We are looking for a cabin to sleep 5 that would be within walking distance to either Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, or a trolly stop.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin within walking distance

I'm not a huge expert on this, but I know that Pigeon Forge itself isn't something you walk around, and that most cabins are in more remote areas. There may be a few exceptions, though.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin within walking distance

A few years ago, there were some houses to rent that were up behind Regan's chapel and their complex. I think they were rented out by one of the hotels.

Does anyone know if those are still there and still being rented?

My family rented one for the whole family so they could attend my wedding.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin within walking distance

This question comes up often it seems some advertise that they are with in walking distance to Gatlinburg but I never see any with in my walking distance.(or even 2 0r 3 times my short walking distance)

Is there a cabin community where the trolley goes? I have not herd of one but those trolleys use to go way up in those back roads in PF.

Another one that comes up is people say they have found a perfect cabin in the middle of the park with not to bad of a drive! Are they staying in the buildings at Elkmont? LOL

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Elkmont Campground
Elkmont Campground
147 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Tennessee
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin within walking distance

I rented a cabin through patriot getaways called Great Escape. It is on iron mountain, which they claim is within walking distance to PF. I think it is near the Old Mill area.

Has anyone ever heard of this area?

Mentioned in this post
The Old Mill
The Old Mill
3,407 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin within walking distance

There are several cabins in Gatlinburg on Widows Knob Road, literally within a block of the Park Vista Hotel, which has a trolley stop. Majestic Mountain Vacations has 2 of the newest 5 bedroom cabins and Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg has 2 of the older 7 bedroom cabins just below them. If you had a larger group, any of those would meet your needs. They also have a great view of the city of Gatlinburg. There is a smaller cabin on the same road between the larger ones. Maybe someone is familiar with it and can give you more specifics.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabin within walking distance

within a block of the Park Vista Hotel?

Park Vista's driveway is more than a block long extremely steep curvy narrow road. How would you get there to get the trolley?

If it was possible to get up there then you would get on a trolley that maybe is already full (which is often in the summer) you try to stand up because all the seats are full already but the road is so steep you keep falling!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabin within walking distance

Baskins Creek has two cabins in Pigeon forge close behind Duffs Restaurant at traffic light 8 I think. They are At rivers edge #1 and #2. I know for sure they are just the next street behind the main Hwy. They look very nice although we have never used Baskins Creek before.

Hope this Helps!

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabin within walking distance

www.cabinsforyou.com has cabins within walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg. You can always ride the trolly into Pigeon Forge and Around the Pigeon Forge Stops. In Pigeon forge you can stop at several places and shop and and get back on the trolly.

I used Cabins For You back in December 2007 through January 2008. Our stay with them was great and I am planning on staying with them again.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabin within walking distance

The cabins I was referring to are just BELOW the Park Vista. If you walk down the steps from the front parking lot near the entrance to their pool, there is a road to these cabins. It is not driveable at that point, but it is paved and easily walkable to the cabins.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabin within walking distance

Luvthemountains92,

What pool? Park Vistas is inside. What steps?

I am not being rude, I just do not understand what you mean. Thank you.