We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gracious cabin owner

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
gracious cabin owner

I just wanted to let everyone on TA know about my positive experience with a cabin owner,

My DH just found out that he is about to lose his job in july and we had reservations with Lisa (dodgeball on TA)for Oct.to see the fall colors.

I needed to cancel and I fully expected to pay a cancellation fee. I emailed her to let her know of our situation and she is going to refund our entire deposit... I just thought I would let you all know what kind of a cabin owner she is...

also, I had to cancel with Zoders for the 4th of July weekend and they were just as kind as Lisa.

I would not hesitate to stay with either of these places knowing how they handle their business

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gracious cabin owner

I'm sorry to hear of your situation with husband's job. Glad they reimbursed your deposit, that was out of the ordinary. Many places wouldn't care a bit. Hope things look brighter soon.

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: gracious cabin owner

I am sorry to hear the job loss as well. While many places may not refund deposits in situations like this, like Lisa, however there are many other cabin owners I know who would as well. Kudos to you Lisa for doing the right thing.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gracious cabin owner

i'm sorry to hear that kenny, but how awesome of lisa to understand. the economy is hitting everyone hard right now. hopefully he can find something else soon and you guys can re-book.

alabama
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: gracious cabin owner

so very sorry to hear of the job loss...in today's economy how nice to hear of the kindness,you shared with us..way to go lisa and zoders!!

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gracious cabin owner

Thanks everyone for your well wishes, we had planned a long 3day in Gat.(zoders) 6day in PF(cabin) trip.. since the cabin is partially paid for and our tickets are paid I think we will still come for a short stay...

we hear so much negative on here I just wanted to share a positive....

and I always feel blessed and that there is always someone worse off than we are... we have been thru lay-offs before and were fine and we will be fine this time too!!!

Thanks again,

Kendra

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gracious cabin owner

sorry to hear about the job loss....but happy to see such a positive attitude from you and the owners!!

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gracious cabin owner

so sorry to hear about your job loss! You are in our prayers.

8. Re: gracious cabin owner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 11:20