We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park ranger programs?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gulfport, MS
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Park ranger programs?

Have any of you done these with your family while you were in the park? I found this link: www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/events.htm…

and see that there are many programs that my kids might like. Are they worth it to make sure to get there on time?

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park ranger programs?

Is my memory wrong or is there a lot more programs than last year?

When I got the new Smokies Guide in the mail a few days ago I was thinking that.

I have not done any but might this year.

I have talked to park rangers and they have always been very nice.

If I had children I would definitely do them!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Park ranger programs?

I know I read where they have added to the Junior Ranger Program to extend it for teenagers and adults. I just can't find it online tonight. I believe the teen part started last week, and the adult portion starts this weekend. We were disapointed that we were missing it by one week. The ranger we talked to last weekend was excited about it. If the programs for teenagers and adults are anything like the Junior Ranger Programs then they are going to be fantastic.

Ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park ranger programs?

We just returned from the park today. My 9-year-old completed the Ranger Program and loved it. Critters in the Creek was her favorite program.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park ranger programs?

They're starting not-so-junior Ranger programs? Yay! I only got four or five badges as a pre teen, so now I have a chance to get some more. :) That's a really, really good idea.

Since I've been hiding out in quiter areas of the park (less visitors=fewer rangers=little to no programs) I haven't gotten to participate in any for years (besides a long personal walk with a ranger at Balsam Mountain) I have enjoyed the ones I did in the past in the Smokies and at other parks. Def get there on time.

Kristian

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park ranger programs?

I was so excited when I got the new Smokies Guide newspaper this week and saw I can be a Ranger to!

I was going to start a thread but kept forgetting when I was here.

I thought I was going to find a page that lists all the programs but I did not maybe someone else will.

These look like the same link but they are 2 different ones!

www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm…

www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Park ranger programs?

That's it! I read it in the Mountain Press! It does sound exciting. Like I said, we were sorry we were to early.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park ranger programs?

www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/events.htm

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,109 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park ranger programs?

I love the ranger programs and have done many over the years.

They only do these for certain weeks of the year, so take advantage while you can.

9. Re: Park ranger programs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 04:16