We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amarillo, Texas
Level Contributor
130 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

Hello,

I need a great cabin for next week very close to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Never been to the area. We will be going to Dollywood and only staying two nights (Sunday -Tuesday). Two couples only, no kids, no dogs. Would like a hottub and a view of the mountains. Any suggestions this late in the game. Love the rustic feel, real log cabin or whatever.

Thanks, Dana

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,713 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

You've probably waited too long for the best cabins and you choices may be very slim pickings. You may have a long distance drive to town from a cabin that isn't all that nice, since most of the good ones were probably booked months ago for that week.

The week you've chosen to visit the area is the most popular week of the summer to be in the area, due to all the Independence Day activities. Maybe someone on the forum will have a suggestion, but I wish you luck.

Louisville, KY
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

Dana,

You might want to try colonial properties, www.colonialproperties.com I did a search for the dates you are looking for and several cabins were still available! Can't give any info on them, we are renting a cabin from them for the first time ourselves, good luck!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
958 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

My suggestion to you is to start contacting some of the larger rental companies in the area to see if they have anything available for the week. I went to the Sunset Cottages and American Patriot websites and they had a seach by availability option. We had a very good experience with Sunset. They were very helpful with all of our questions, cabin was clean etc... I'm sure others on the board can recommend some rental companies to try as well.

Indiana
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

Yeah, I think you waited to long. We went with Timber Tops and we loved our cabin. They have a website take a look. We were in Sevierville, which was only 15 minutes from Dollywood. They have cabins in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg as well.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

I wouldn't freak out. While you might not be able to get your very top choice, you should be able to find something that fits your needs, especially if you're not too concerned about price. Where you might have a problem is with getting two nights. Some companies have a three night minimum this time of year. Some companies that we've had great experiences with include Jackson Mountain Homes and Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg. I checked and they both seem to have some two bedroom/two bathroom cabins available. Jackson Mountain especially has many "log cabins" that feel very rustic although they're as or more comfortable than your own house! What I don't know is how close their homes are to Dollywood. We never go there. If you choose a few online and then call the office, they'll be able to give you that information. They're very helpful over the phone. Good luck!

leamington
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

Check out Great Outdoor Rentals, they have a few cabins still available for those two nights you are looking for. With the economy the way it is, they might be able to give you a good rate on short notice. www.greatoutdoorrentals.com Bob and Carey are wonderful to deal with. Good Luck!!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
116 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

Try Cabins USA. www.cabinsusagatlinburg.com

We stayed with them last year and our cabin was only a mile from Gatlinburg. Hot tub, jacuzzi, pool table etc. Trees all around, only one other cabin in site, view of the mountains from the deck.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
116 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

I just checked Cabins USA website and they have a 2 bedroom cabin, A Bear Abode, available Sun through Tuesday. It says it's within walking distance of Gatlinburg. Hurry!

9. Re: Please help with a cabin rental for June 29-July 1-4 adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 04:16