We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information On Highlands Condos

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Information On Highlands Condos

After looking at many different condos we found the Highlands.The views look wonderful but they look a little outdated but the prices are good.Can someone offer info on it and which room is the best.It is just me and my husband.I think from what I have read the 1 bedrooms are small so we would like a two bedroom.It looks like Nov. rates are $369 for 4 nights.That is very good.

valparaiso, indiana
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Information On Highlands Condos

hello!

my boyfriend and i stay at the highlands everytime that we go to gatlinburg. we have stayed in both a 1 bedroom and also a 2 bedroom condo. if i were you i would stay in the 2 bedroom condo instead of the 2 bedroom flat. the 2 bedroom condos are in the 1st set of buildings that are located near the ridge. they have the one bedroom condos underneath them. these condos have an unobstructed view of gatlinburg, whereas if you were in the other buildings we would be looking over a building or over a road. I have to admit that some of the condos are a little outdated but they are still nice and very clean. We love staying here and the staff are sooo friendly!!! we have stayed in several of the 2 bedroom condos (i can't remember the #'s, I'm sorry) One thing that i did do the last time we stayed was ask the staff for their advice as to which condo to stay in with the best view. we knew what kind what type of room that we wanted just some advice. I hope that this helps. I'll try to look through my stuff and see if i can find the room #'s for you. I hope that this helps!!

ohio
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Information On Highlands Condos

We just stayed at the Highlands Condo over Memorial Day weekend when our favorite place(Zoders)was full.There are pros and cons. The cons are it is outdated,stained carpet,no elevator,we had to go up 2 flights of stairs(not a big deal for us)Ask for a ground level if thats a problem.

Pros: Easy to get in and out of the park because its on the by-pass. Thats a big plus not having to go through Gatlinburg. Very quiet and peaceful setting. And the biggest pro is the view of Mt.Leconte and the mountains. I have a photo in my profile of the view from the balcony. Our unit had a washer and dryer but not all of them do. Ask.

The price is reasonable. Thats what we paid and that included tax and cleaning fee. Maybe it would help if you looked through the condo index on their website or ask them if any have been updated recently. Hope this helps.

www.highlandscondos.com/condo_index.html

valparaiso, indiana
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Information On Highlands Condos

i just wanted to add as well that in every 2 bedroom condo that we have stayed in we have NEVER had a disapointing view. the one bedroom was very nice too, just a little small. the only reason why we asked the staff's opinion the last time is because a family reunion was going on and they had rented all of the 2 bedroom condos except for i think 2. so i just need to know which they would pick. Thanks!

ohio
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Information On Highlands Condos

Sorry, forgot to say we stayed in unit 201.

Dry Prong, Louisiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Information On Highlands Condos

Every trip we have made to the Smokies has been spent at the Highlands. You are correct that some of the units are a little outdated. A one bedroom unit we stayed in the summer of 2000 looks exactly the same in the online photos. In 2007 we stayed in 504, it is a 2 bedroom townhouse “down the hill”, it looks like it has been updated in the last year. We have stayed in a one bedroom once and they are very small. The 2 bedroom flats are in the main building and the 2 bedroom townhouses are down the hill. The units “down the hill” from the main/original building have the best views. You will have a few steps to the front door due to them being upstairs from the one bedroom. You will also have a few steps to the main hot tub and pool, since you are going in November that may not be a concern. The units “across the street” are the newest ones; if you are looking at the Highlands site, they will have the highest room numbers. The views from these aren’t as spectacular as the ones down the hill. There is an elevator in the main building.

The staff has always been EXTREMELY helpful in the past. When we called to make reservations for this year, they advised me that one of the 3 bedroom units we were thinking about was going to be updated before our vacation. We stay more than 10 nights and we have always been given rates that were better than advertised specials.

This is a photo from the balcony of Unit 504. I love when we go during Tunes and Tales because you hear the music from the Parkway while sitting on the balcony in the evenings.

Every trip we have made to the Smokies has been spent at the Highlands. You are correct that some of the units are a little outdated. A one bedroom unit we stayed in the summer of 2000 looks exactly the same in the online photos. In 2007 we stayed in 504, it is a 2 bedroom townhouse “down the hill”, it looks like it has been updated in the last year. We have stayed in a one bedroom once and they are very small. The 2 bedroom flats are in the main building and the 2 bedroom townhouses are down the hill. The units “down the hill” from the main/original building have the best views. You will have a few steps to the front door due to them being upstairs from the one bedroom. You will also have a few steps to the main hot tub and pool, since you are going in November that may not be a concern. The units “across the street” are the newest ones; if you are looking at the Highlands site, they will have the highest room numbers. The views from these aren’t as spectacular as the ones down the hill. There is an elevator in the main building.

The staff has always been EXTREMELY helpful in the past. When we called to make reservations for this year, they advised me that one of the 3 bedroom units we were thinking about was going to be updated before our vacation. We stay more than 10 nights and we have always been given rates that were better than advertised specials.

This is a photo from the balcony of Unit 504. I love when we go during Tunes and Tales because you hear the music from the Parkway while sitting on the balcony in the evenings.

…webshots.com/photo/2159066140069983126veXoql

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Information On Highlands Condos

PittmanCenter, That is a beautiful picture!

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Information On Highlands Condos

I agree that is a beautiful picture.

Linda

8. Re: Information On Highlands Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 06:19