We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hwy 40 between Knoxville and Nashville closed

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hwy 40 between Knoxville and Nashville closed

First they said 12 hours then 24 now they are saying they do not know how long!

knoxnews.com/news/…

My daughter was on the exit ramp for over an hour then it was 15 miles an hour for a long time trying to get everyone some where who came off the highway. Thank God for GPS!

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
881 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hwy 40 between Knoxville and Nashville closed

I bet that was a mess! I saw on the local news where a tractor trailer carrying hazardous chemicls overturned and they had to call in special crews and equipment to off load it. They said they were rerouting traffic back through Chattanooga.One time I'm glad we hadn't been to the mountains for the weekend.

Mentioned in this post
Chattanooga
Chattanooga
Tennessee
Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hwy 40 between Knoxville and Nashville closed

Yes! It is back opened now!

But it is like almost a daily thing now of a tractor trailer wreck closing down Hwy 40 between Nashville and Knoxsville! (Not usually this long)

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
3. Re: Hwy 40 between Knoxville and Nashville closed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 23:17