We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

Here is a list of our restaurant choices while in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge next week. This is a girls' getaway vacation.

breakfast...

Pancake Pantry

Old Mill

Mountain Lodge

dinner...

Linebergers

Park Grill

Howard's

We've been to all of them before. We typically eat only two meals per day.

I'm concerned about Howard's. It's been years since we've eaten there and it seems the more recent reviews aren't very favorable. If you've been recently, I would like to hear from you.

I also have some concerns about the Park Grill. The website has a different look, and the it is now officially known as Park Grill Steakhouse. Their logo has changed, too. I am interested in hearing about your experiences if you've been recently.

I read the restaurant reviews here and on other sites. It seems that they are very mixed.

If you have any other suggestions, we would like to hear about those as well.

Thanks!

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

I was their yesterday and as always, it's great. Just remember that a bad experence can happen to anyone at any place. It would be a great world to please everyone.

Waynesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

Journey Cat,

My husband and I just ate at Howard's Thursday night. I will post that day's report tomorrow on the forum but....Howards was not that good. We wanted to go here because ii was one of the first places that we ate at in Gatlinburg. It was wonderful four years ago. The service was slow and the steak was not good at all for me on this last trip. I got a filet and my husband got a ribeye. He said his was great but mine I did not even eat. I liked the little creek out back while we had a drink before supper. Our bill was around $70 and I was not even satisfied. Go at your own risk......

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

My comment is on Howards, Sorry for leaving that out. :)

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

Calhoun's is my favorite place to eat in the area. Cherokee Grill is next door to Calhoun's and owned by the same company. Smoky Mountain Brewery is also located in Calhoun's Village. It is another favorite for my family. The have great burgers, calzones and pizza. Also, awesome mac and cheese.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

Why isn't the Smoky Mountain Brewery in there?

And no Apple Barn? GREAT apple fritters. Get some of those and go. The food is good but nothing to should about.

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

I would take Linebergers, the park grill and Howards off your list. I would add The Bullfish grill in PF (never disappoints), The Apple Barn in PF, Calhouns either location and the Cherokee Grill. Have a great trip:)

Chillicothe, Oh
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

Journey Cat, I didn't see the Peddler on your list. I'm always pleased when I dine there. Pancake Pantry is always on my list for breakfast. Have a great trip.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

We found a great place for lunch last week.

The Blue Moose in Pigeon Forge. Great burgers and homemade onion rings and broccoli bites.

Ohio
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

I think we've decided to go the Peddler one evening. I don't know what that will replace on the list. It will probably take the place of the Park Grill since they are part of the same operation.

I've given the Applewood Farmhouse (Grill & Restaurant) many chances to impress me, but it hasn't happened, yet. Maybe I'm ordering the wrong things because everyone else seems to like it.

Bullfish Grill gets a lot of great reviews. I will definitely take a look at the menu if there is one online.

If you had three evenings to have dinner in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, what would you choose?

Thanks!

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant choices for next week ... some concerns

As far as three dinners, here goes. first would be Calhoun's. We have stopped there for dinner before we have checked in to wherever we're staying. We have also eaten there more than once. I like both Steak and Chicken Calhoun, but they also have good burgers and pulled pork. My wife's favorite side is Spinach Maria. Killer Key Lime pie for dessert.

Next would be Tuesday night half priced burgers at Smoky Mountain Brewery in Pigeon Forge. Tough to beat these guys for burgers. I don't think that the Gburg location does the special.

The third night would be either Park Grill in Gburg or Bullfish or Corky's. We like Corky's because they have a good variety of food. My wife like their smoked turkey salad. Pulled Pork for me.