We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for the Locals

Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Topic
Question for the Locals

When do students in Sevier County go back to school?

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for the Locals

According to the Sevierville County School website- they report back on August 18th.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,180 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for the Locals

I think nearly all schools in Tennessee are going back the week of Aug. 18th, but a few may be as early as Aug. 11th.

Our schools in Chickamauga are going back on August 4th (that's way too early if you ask me).

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for the Locals

Rutherford County in Tn goes back Aug. 8th (Friday)(Southeast of Nashville).

Here in Bowling Green we go back Aug. 5th.

I work in a cafeteria in the county schools and I reported back July 15th. (Not working every day) Doesn't seem like much of a summer this year.

Always early start here. Last year it was around the 1st or 2nd of Aug. that kids came back.

Where I lived growing up we went to school until mid June and then went back after Labor Day in Sept.

With all the heat in Aug. you would think schools around here would do that, too. Cost of cooling schools that month has got to be outrageous.

Well, anyways, if you go to Gatlinburg later in Aug. you should not have any problems with a large crowd due to schools being back in session.

Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for the Locals

kids in sullivan country tennessee go back aug 1...that is craziness...if you ask me....

Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for the Locals

Thanks, ya'll for the information. Our kids start early in August, too. All of my teacher friends go back the first week in August.

6. Re: Question for the Locals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 13:15
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now