We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to the webcam?

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
What happened to the webcam?

Everytime I pull it up it is not the webcam of downtown its a commercial...so what happened?

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What happened to the webcam?

which one?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What happened to the webcam?

Hey peanut - It's working for me. Did you try it again?

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What happened to the webcam?

working for me to but the add was there at first and I just waited a few minuets.

mountainchalets.com/Gatlinburg/Webcam.aspx

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What happened to the webcam?

Hey Peanut it is working for me also. I just sent you a PM.

Linda

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What happened to the webcam?

I just pulled the one up in Gatlinburg and it was working fine. It looked like it was raining or had been raining. I have noticed though that when they have a special event like the 4th of July parade I have never been able to get the cam. I think they must turn it off or something. I wanted to see the parade but no such luck. Has anyone else been able to pull it up during special events or is it just me having problems?

ohio
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What happened to the webcam?

I can get the downtown webcam just fine, but the one at the Almost Heaven Wedding Resort has been undergoing maintenance forever! Does anyone know if it will be back anytime soon? It's been months.

smokymtnmall.com/great-smoky-mountain-camera…

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What happened to the webcam?

gemgirl56

I talked to the people in the Almost Heaven office at the Cobbly Nob store when I was there in April. I told them how much everyone on the board missed getting to see the weddings, etc. and they assured me that it would be up soon--down due to a wind storm they had.....so, almost 6 months later, it still isn't up. I would think they would get it up and running because it is a great way to advertise their weddings and rentals. It was my favorite web cam.....

Carol/LA

Southern Indiana
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What happened to the webcam?

I have not been able to get the downtown webcam working ever since i got my new computer with VISTA and the new version of windows media player. It just comes up a black box. Ayone have any suggestions..i miss it!

tennessee
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What happened to the webcam?

on the camera site it will tell you that you need to download something...i had to do that for it to work for me when i got my new computer...now that i have downloaded the message does not come up again, so i can't tell you what it was

Ohio
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What happened to the webcam?

Hey gatlover, I tried to watch the July 4 parade and could not either. I was very disappointed as that is one of my favorite times to be in Gatlinburg and we could not be there this year. (going in a couple of weeks though!)