We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Twin Islands Create Your Own Rate

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Twin Islands Create Your Own Rate

Has anyone here stayed at this motel and has anyone tried their create your own rate?? Looking for something inexpensive last half of August that is kid friendly. TIA

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Twin Islands Create Your Own Rate

I have not stayed there but since you are not getting any responses, I thought I would post a link to the reviews: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60842-d73972-R…

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Twin Islands Create Your Own Rate

inexpensive last half of August?

How cheep are we talking? To some people $100. is low to some of us real cheep people it is around $50.

But in Aug. cheep is around $60. or $70. to me.

If you want comfortable bed, little frig. no microwave, no internet Kingwood is perfect.

Bed can be uncomfortable like most hotels but want frig and maybe cable Bales is good. They have rooms with full kitchens for cheep to.

These are old places that are clean and have nice people running them.

Tidewater Va.
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Twin Islands Create Your Own Rate

I have stayed at the Twin Islands many times . It is dated but clean and the staff are allways nice. Some of the rooms are average size and would like it a little larger if have four people. The stream is nice but mostly has been very low the last few years. It is near the shops and I like to park the car and walk. I found if you stay six nights the 7th is free . Last few years we have gone in september and the price is around $ 75. weekdays more Friday and Saturday. I have gone a week before Christmas and it cost us then around $ 50. a night. Tax which I think is around 11 % is added. I plan to stay there again. It is by far not a 5 star due to its age but still a nice place. Washers and dryers on site so can bring home clean duds. I would like to know more about create your rate. In the cool mornings in the fall, the gas fireplace is nice to warm the morning chill. I have founf discount rate forms at the state info sites at the state line. Usually aound 10% which I can get from AAA and AARP.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Twin Islands Create Your Own Rate

Bowl, How long has it been since you have stayed there? I called about rates today and they are $79 but they have a stay 2 nights get one free going on so it averages out to about $53 a night for a king room which is pretty good I think. The room saver rate is 59.99 so this is better for us. I am thinking of trying the create your own price too. The lady at Twin Islands said they have recently updated the rooms and the pools are new this year. Have you stayed since they updated the rooms? Thanks!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western Twin Islands Create Your Own Rate

Hi iamvacationcrazy,

No matter what you do, be sure to check out if the hotel of your choice has an internet rate. By booking on the internet, I have been able to save much by doing it that way. The only possibly "drawback" (not to me) is that their cancel policy is much more strict.

Last year for the Gatlinburg Parade, my boss stayed at Twin Islands. That was his second time there and liked it, as well as the price. His son stayed at River Terrace Resort & Convention Center. He said that it was cheaper and the room was much larger.

Bob

Tidewater Va.
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western Twin Islands Create Your Own Rate

I was there the last week of September of last year. We usually stay seven days. It looks pretty much the same to me every year. Sometime they re mod the bath areas. A few years back they added a few rooms behind the office and added a second story. They do a lot of work on the hotel during the winter so I probably missed the update. If yu like the best river ask for Fishermans cove, or Laurel Rest. Both on the point where the river re meets. Mountain House or trout Haven also on main water but you have a view of the back of old buildings. I stayed in trout Haven this time by the bridge. I have found for two people I think I will try to stay in room 417 another point other side of motel. It is on Honeymoon Island. I have foud the water pressure is low on Honeymoon Island. I was told they fixed it. I like that area the best but hate low pressure. I have a site map of the rooms if yo want I will try to e mail if get address. The %0. rate was before the 23 0f December during a slow period. We usually pay around *0. a night and a little over 100 weekends in the fall before leaf season.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Western Twin Islands Create Your Own Rate

Bowl, I sent you a private message with my e-mail. Thanks!

8. Re: Best Western Twin Islands Create Your Own Rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 12:19