We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wonderworks Upside Down

Alabama
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
wonderworks Upside Down

I know this is a Pigeon Forge attraction, but I feel like I know some of you here..

Has anyone been and is it worth the money?

Two adults and a 16 yo.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wonderworks Upside Down

Oh Yes, Very much worth it...

Amory, Mississippi
Level Contributor
129 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wonderworks Upside Down

We had a good time there with 3 adults and a 6 yr old. Shoot me an email and I'll send you a few pics of the inside.

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
326 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wonderworks Upside Down

If you are interested in scientific things, you will love it. There are alot of exhibits and interactive things to do. However if it is too crowded, it looses its appeal because you cant do everything unless you wait and wait. There is a bed of nails, rock climbing, simulated hurricane and earthquake and this thing that turns upside down if you pedal fast enough and swing real hard. Upstairs, there are tons of illusion exhibits. Its a pretty cool place for the price. One of my favorite things about it was when you enter in the door there is some sort of spinning thing going around and you feel like you are going to fall down and its super dark. All I could do was laugh and laugh. Plus it is right next to Tony Romas restaurant and The miracle Theater who has camel rides. I never saw a camel up close before and they are big!

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wonderworks Upside Down

Go to the PF area on TA and look under things to do on the left side and read the reviews.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wonderworks Upside Down

I remember several weeks back someone saying they were very disappointed because some of the things were already out of order.

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wonderworks Upside Down

My husband and I went last February for the first time and we loved it. We have no kids, so I can't comment about whether or not I think kids would like it, but I can say that we had a blast and plan on returning. I have heard that it's not as fun if it's crowded, but since we always take our trips in February, we seem to have everything almost to ourselves. (as we did with W.W. that day). Another thing I like about it is that you can come back as many times as you want that day because they stamp your hand when you pay.

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: wonderworks Upside Down

We visited just a few weeks ago, something different to try and a good place to go if the weather is bad. We had a 20 yr old and a 16 yr old with us, we all enjoyed it even though it was crowded. Dont waste your $3 on the booklet they try to sell you.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
69 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wonderworks Upside Down

We were there last week-wouldn't recommend it. If it cost 5.00 to get in, I think it would be worth it, but not for 20.00. A lot of the exhibits didn't work,the ones that did work were awful.Plus,if it's busy, you wait to try anything. It looks impressive from the outside, but in my opinion the looks were deceiving!!

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wonderworks Upside Down

Chap - thanks for the update, don't forget to leave a review in the TA PF review section under things to do, Wonderworks.

10. Re: wonderworks Upside Down

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 03:18