We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

Anyone have any names? A friend of mine is wanting a cabin in October. They are bringing her dad and he is not in the best of health. So, they asked me if I could research and find them a cabin within walking distance. I know some of them say "walking distance" but they really aren't.

Thanks for your help.

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

Hey Powcat,does it have to be a cabin?There are some condos that would fit.They might consider Park Place on the corner of ski mtn. rd.&river road,also baskins creek condos,I believe on Woliss rd.(near Johnsons Inn and the village).Years ago Rocky Waters had a little cabin right on the river.It was just past the motel.I understand that RW is now a Days Inn so don't know if thats still there or not but it was really cute and the screened porch was over the water.Of course that might be a little far to walk into town but there is a trolley stop in front of the hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Johnson's Inn
Johnson's Inn
347 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Rocky Waters Motor Inn
Rocky Waters Motor Inn
316 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

What is walking distance for him? There are some hotels that also have cabins or cottages but the ones I know of are still 2 to 4 good blocks from town and then walking in town and all are up hill going back.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
222 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

Hi powcat! We are arriving in Gatlinburg on Saturday, 8/23, and are traveling with a family member to needs a assistance with walking. We booked a 2 bedroom, handicap accessible condo at Baskins Creek. Not only is it within walking distance, but I believe the trolley stops there as well. The website indicates the condo was built in 2006, so we're hoping for the best.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

Thanks for everyone's response.

She did not say how close they wanted to be.

All she said was cabin within walking distance.

A condo might be ok. Her and her husband usually stay in PF but since they are bringing her dad then she mentioned Gatlinburg since it is easier to get around. I would guess that a couple blocks would be ok. The uphill might be a problem, though. I will have to talk to her more and get more specifics.

I know years ago we rented a condo from VRBO (cannot remember the name) but it was ALL uphill from downtown and once you got to the condos it was a really steep driveway to get to them. Almost killed me. The owners advertised it as easy walk to downtown. That is why I am a little leary of advertisements. Thought I might get some firsthand recommendations from those on here.

I will check out some of the places you all mentioned. And, any further advice would be appreciated. She is wanting to stay around $150 per night.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
indiana
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

How many bedrooms are they needing? I have been looking at some sites in the price range you mentioned, but not quite sure what they need (as far as bedrooms, baths, etc).

indiana
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

I'm sorry, 2 bedroom is in your post. Just ignore my previous post. I will send you the links to the cabins I found.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

Thanks. I appreciate that.

All the women I work with know I am always on this website and looking stuff up. So, whenever they are planning a trip they ask me to help them out.

Most do not have access to computers so I try to find out what I can for them.

I actually enjoy it. Gives me something to do...haha

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

Indianabutterfly - Could you please post the cabins for all of us to see? Thank you!

I have a list too, but I'm always looking for more. Problem I keep finding is that walking distance means many different distances.

powcat - I'm always doing that for friends and family too. My dh says I come alive when anyone asks questions about the area. :)

I'll check my list and see if any would fit your needs.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

Thanks...

My husband said I enjoy planning a vacation more that I do taking it. He is kidding, of course, but I do enjoy the challenge.

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 bedroom within walking distance to downtown

Hey Powcat,I know for sure that Baskins creek condos aren't on a hill,I made a note of that to myself in case we decided to stay there.Park Place is right across the water from Riverhouse at the park and very little incline.If I was going to stay at PP I would ask for one of the newly updated units as most have been but some haven't.

Mentioned in this post
Riverhouse at the Park
Riverhouse at the Park
346 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN