We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can somebody help???

Blackshear, Georgia
Level Contributor
170 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Can somebody help???

I would like to know the directions of the back roads leading from P.F. to Gatlinburg. The way to go around heavy traffic.

Can yall please give me directions??

Thanks.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can somebody help???

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60842-i150-k16665…

If you send for the free magazines or get them once you get there you will see maps in them.

You can buy a map at the info centers for a couple dollars that is so worth it!

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can somebody help???

some of the free magazines:

tripadvisor.com/…12314717

Seymour, Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can somebody help???

There is one way in particular, When I lived in Knoxville, I used to work in Gatlinburg and the traffic used to be horrific especially during the car show weekends, From the 4-way in Sevierville. Take Dolly Parton Parkway for about 3 miles, Keep straight until you see Sevier Co. High School then go exactly 2 miles past the high school. Turn right on Old Newport Hwy., it will be a 30 minute drive ,it will be a bit curvy but virtually no traffic. This will take you through Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and you will end up on 321 in Gatlinburg. But it is a great back road, scenic too.Let me know if you decide to do that or if you have any questions.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can somebody help???

I was disapointed that I could not find this info in doing a search here, we have given this info many times.

I could not find my map that night and figured someone else would respond with this.

from P.F. to Gatlinburg you can take the bypass, just stay on the road to Gatlinburg and you will see a sigh

n for it. Going from Gatlinburg to PF you go into the park and you will see a sign where you will go to the left and then the right.

If you do not want to go threw PF traffic

You can turn left at light 2 in PF Teaser Lane and go all the way to Dollywood Lane turn left (Road name changes to Upper Middle Creek)make a right onto 416/Pittman Center Rd. Right onto 321.

The welcome center at the baseball stadium now has a free map of Sevier & Cocke counties. It folds up a lot nicer than the $2.00 one!

5. Re: Can somebody help???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 12:22