We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wears Valley restaurants/shops?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mississippi
Level Contributor
461 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Wears Valley restaurants/shops?

On my October trip I will be staying in Wears Valley for the first time. While I've driven through there for over 20 years, I've never really stopped at many of the restaurants/shops there. Can anyone recommend good places to eat/shop in Wears Valley?

Does anyone know if Bear Camp Grill is still open?

Thanks!

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wears Valley restaurants/shops?

A very nice new shop and cafe called Moonshine Ridge.....and for some killer fudge,the Rocky Top country store.Both on Wears valley road.

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wears Valley restaurants/shops?

We were there a week ago and Bear Camp Grill was open.We didn't stop but there were several cars there.Moonshine Ridge is a good place to stop,there were lot's of free samples in the store and some 50% off porch items.I got the blackberry cobbler from the snack shop there it was very good,but it should be for 5.50!!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wears Valley restaurants/shops?

We recently did the "Wears Valley" Road. We had lunch at Moonshine Ridge--very nice sandwiches. We checked out all the Antique Stores and stopped in one furniture store, and lo and behold, the owner had grown up in Baton Rouge. Small world, really. Plan to spend a day doing the shops on 321.

Carol/Louisiana

Mississippi
Level Contributor
461 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wears Valley restaurants/shops?

Thank you for the suggestions. I had forgotten about seeing Moonshine Ridge last time I drove through. I would love to slow down and check out all the places in Wears Valley this trip. Some of the shops looked interesting and I'm always on the lookout for black bear items and other things for my future chalet. Hurry up, October!

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wears Valley restaurants/shops?

Moonshine Ridge has a lot of different items and has a clearance place in the back of the store on the right side. But I was disappointed they did not have the little Cades Cove bear statue I had seen the time before and the man working there had no idea what I was talking about. I think they did not have as much bear stuff this time.

Taste that Amish peanut butter! I am saving it to spread on a chocolate cake for a church dinner! (It was not cheep!)

6. Re: Wears Valley restaurants/shops?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 16:20