We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alum Cave trail ????

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Alum Cave trail ????

I have a question about this trail. We are not interested in hiking it this time, but I thought I read somewhere that this trail passes over a pretty nice bridge right at the trailhead. Is this right?

I was thinking it might be a nice stop for a fall picture and to look at the rushing river from above. If it is not this trail, does anyone know of a place like this that has easy access and good river view?

Thanks!

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Alum Cave trail ????

Alum Cave crosses the creek at many places in the beginning. It is a wonderful creek to walk along. Another suggestion is to hike the begining of the Chimney Tops trail and you will find a number of good photo spots there as well along the very same creek, but lower down obviously.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alum Cave trail ????

Yes, there is a nice narrow bridge shortly after you leave the trailhead.

My favorite part of this trail is the arch rock.

3. Re: Alum Cave trail ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 09:40