We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

I haven't been since the midlle of June. I've had the itch to go back since late June.

We'll be in Maggie Valley on Friday, then to Pigeon Forge & Dollywood on Saturday. Sunday will be spent riding around leaf-watching on the BRP and back home Monday.

It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 20's Saturday and Sunday morning. I love it!

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

You're lucky...I haven't been there since LAST October and not sure if I'll ever get back. Have a great time, Brad.

That's pretty cold for this time of year. We haven't even had temps that low up here. Enjoy it...you wouldn't though if you had to go through months of cold temps like that like I have to. LOL Have fun! :o)

Tennessee
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

You lucky dog! I haven't been since Aug. and I have been itching to back since I left! lol

Wish I was in...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

Hey Brad! Mid 20's sounds really good right about now. I am so ready for the cooler temps! I can't wait to get back up there...I'm jealous! ;)

I hope you have a wonderful trip with lots of amazing fall colors!

South Mississippi
Level Contributor
245 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

I hope you have a fun and safe trip. I wish I was going too!!!

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

Hey Brad I know you and your beautiful family will have a great time. We haven't made it down yet this year and I am so depressed so enjoy the mountains for me too, please.

Linda

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

Hey Brad, we might see you along the way, we're leaving early tomorrow am also, going through Maggie Valley, stay 2 nights in cherokee, and then over to Pigeon Forge on Sunday...hope we get to see lots of beautiful color's!! Oh yeah--packed a heavy jacket, just in case we need one, like you said, it's suppose to be cool for those days, its in the 80's here right now, a breath of cool air will be nice for a change. Happy Travels!

Clinton, MS
Level Contributor
837 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

Ya'll have a great trip! 10 more sleeps for us! Save some color for us! We may make it 9 more sleeps! We are itching to get back also!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

Thanks for the well-wishes, all! And for the very nice compliment, ky3ma!

I really wanted to leave today after work, but my wife doesn't like to travel at night. I'll probably push her out the door before daylight anyway..LOL!

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

Maggie was a nice place to stay last weekend. Colors were great and the weather was gorgeous, 50 at night and 70 days. We enjoyed our trip, have fun!

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Heading to the Mountians in the Morning!

BradMac:

Maybe we will get to meet this time? Hope so. Our weather here is not going to get as cold as you predict. We will have temps in the mid-30s, not the 20s. Have a good trip.