We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sevierville backroads

kentucky
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sevierville backroads

We will be coming in to Sevierville around 4 or 5pm on Friday Oct.31st. Our cabin is off Goose Creek road. Does anyone know a backroad to get there. I know we will be in major traffic at this time of the day. Thanks for helping.

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sevierville backroads

I can give you some directions from I-75.

On I-75, go past the 640 exits. 75 turns into 275. Go 2.8 miles to 441 exit (right lane). Take 441 South. It is marked Henley Street. You will go thru Knoxville by the college and all. Stay on that road and set your trip odometer at that exit. Go 20.6 miles down that road thru Seymour. At the 20.6 mile area, there will be an Exxon station on the right. It's hidden a little by the trees so watch closely at that area. The road becomes a divided highway right there and there begins grass in the median. Turn right at the station onto White School Road. 1/2 mile from there you will come to a stop sign at the school. Turn right again. That is Goose Gap and runs all the way down to Walden's Creek Road. These are the directions that we give everyone that comes and visits us from the north and I know it saves them an hour or more on busy evenings.

If you happen to be coming from the east side of Kentucky and come down 40 to 66, just take 66 till you get to the main light in Sevierville and make a right (right past the bridge past Lowe's). That will take you to the same Exxon station also.

Are you going to be able to go straight to your cabin or will you have to check in first at a rental company? Also, what's the name of the cabin?

Hope this helps.

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sevierville backroads

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Goose Gap. I pulled my county map and basically it's the same directions except you will have to turn right at Sugarloaf Road and then on back. It looks like it's a ways west of Pigeon Forge. From there you better pull a map off the internet if you can. Anyway, the directions thru Knoxville will save a lot of 66 traffic.

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sevierville backroads

Confused now? Sugarloaf road is off Goose Gap. I think it's time for bed.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sevierville backroads

LOL grassmower! Are you having a pre-senior moment?

I get lots of those too! LOL

:)

kentucky
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sevierville backroads

We are staying at Blackbearlodging/Always Dreaming. The cabin is on Mortar Dr.The cabin is only a couple of miles from the office,so the back roads would still be quicker. Thanks for the directions, sounds like a plan. We are suppose to be the car everyone follows. We are old and can't take alot of stress ha!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sevierville backroads

Grassmower--Is 441 S the same as Chapman Highway?

Carol

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sevierville backroads

yes that is Chapman Highway.

cyngym, take those first instructions then and go down Goose Gap all the way to Waldens Creek Road. There is a Chevron Station at the corner by the stop sign. Take a left 1 mile to the stoplight, which is 321. At the light, take a left and probably about 2 miles or so is the office for Black Bear Lodging on the left side, right before the Shell station. It will avoid the entire parkway and 66. Probably save you more than an hour on that night. Goose Gap is a somewhat curvy backroad so take your time. Be careful on Chapman Highway also. There are a lot of accidents on that road because of the speed with oncoming traffic just across the center line. We always stay in the right lane on that road just as a safety measure.

I bet your cabin is more than a few miles from the office if it's on Goose Creek Road. If you need groceries, you might want to consider going to Krogers down past the rental office before you go to the cabin. The lower elevation leaves ought to be really starting to peak about then so it ought to be beautiful.

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sevierville backroads

Now Mortar Road is only about 4 miles from the office. It is just off Goose Gap 1 mile from the Chevron. I have been up in that area a few times (scouting more yards to mow) and those cabins are nice, spread out good, have good roads and all. I don't know which cabin that one is, but the area is good! I should have read your response better. Just having a terrible night (sick). I assure that even though my responses are cobbled up, those directions are right. I copied them off a paper that we have typed up here.

kentucky
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sevierville backroads

We drove up to this cabin when we were down in Sept. just to look at it for our Oct. trip there are 3 new cabins there and Always Dreaming is the second one that you drive back to,it sits out in a field. You are right all these cabins are new and beautiful.We have been staying with Blackbearlodging 5 times in the last 3 yrs.We were there Aug,Sept.and now the last but not least our first trip with my cousins (all in our early 60's)three couple just having a big reunion. The office also told us to take goosgap to new era and it would take us out by the Olive Garden,this will be much better too then sitting at light three to go to the Applebarn and Christmas Place. Can't wait to go up into the mts.and see all of God's beauty. Thats the place to be!!!!Thanks agian for directions.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sevierville backroads

Please take these back roads, we were in this same area 2 weeks ago, our cabin was off goose gap, and turning left onto the parkway (to get to the applebarn) was herendious. We sat there for probably 30 minutes. That ligh doesn't hold long enough to let more than 4 cars turn.

We found backroads the next time, but I couldn't tell you what they were.