We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The cabin hunt continues!

Warner Robins...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The cabin hunt continues!

Well, I think I've narrowed it down to three cabins.

Option #1 Fawn Cabin from Jackson Mountain Homes www.jacksonmountainhomes.com/book/house.html…

Pluses: Nice and simple. Affordable price, and probably more privacy than I'd get at most other cabins in the area.

Negatives: No mountain view, and only one tiny tv (not that I imagine we'll be spending a lot of time watching tv anyway.)

Option #2 Magical Moments also from Jackon.

www.jacksonmountainhomes.com/book/house.html…

Pluses: Interesting decor, pool table, better TVs (although once again, how much tv are we really planning to watch?)

Negatives: Still no mountain view. Description says it's in a resort setting, which generally means cabins stacked upon cabins, but can't tell from pics.

Option #3 Cloud Rider from Majestic Mouuntain Vacations

www.majesticmountainvacations.com/cabin.asp…

Pluses: Mountain view, cabin looks awesome!

Negatives: Definitely has the cabin stacked on cabin thing going on! And it's a lot more expensive. Also farther away from Gatlinburg. I'm not even sure where it is exactly...I e-mailed them and asked, and they said it was 9 - 10 miles from the main parkway. Which is still pretty vague.

So, I basically need to decide what's more important to me. A mountain view or privacy? ;)

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The cabin hunt continues!

I'd opt for the mountain view with a porch swing! There is nothing like sitting in the morning on the deck drinking coffee and having an amazing view to look at. You are in the mountains..enjoy God's gift!

Blackshear, Georgia
Level Contributor
170 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The cabin hunt continues!

Mountain view definitely. Sitting and looking out is so relaxing. Also if you have kids you want the tv's and also if you can get it a game room as you'll save tons of money downtown in an arcade. Also it gets them quiet while you soak in the view.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The cabin hunt continues!

I'd definatly pick view over privacy too. You never know the cabin next door might not be rented.

Clinton, MS
Level Contributor
837 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The cabin hunt continues!

VIEW! It look so good from the pics!

Warner Robins...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The cabin hunt continues!

Wow, hehe, and here I thought everyone would say to go for private one! Well, my husband really likes the one with the view, too.

Part of me wants to go for Fawn Cabin, because...you know, when I decided to rent a cabin for our anniversary, I had a vision of you know, a cabin in the woods. A cabin that...looks like a cabin inside and out. Not a luxury resort.

Than I saw those cabins at Majestic and was blown away, they're pretty nice looking. And I can picture us sitting in the hot tub watching the sunset, and that's pretty sweet too! ;)

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The cabin hunt continues!

There are places in the mountains where you can have a view and privacy.

Blackshear, Georgia
Level Contributor
170 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The cabin hunt continues!

Its also nice to get a cabin secluded by a stream and that can be relaxing as well. I like them both for different reasons but still all in all prefer the view best.

8. Re: The cabin hunt continues!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 11:20