We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're here!

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Topic
We're here!

I just wanted to pop in and say hello from Gatlinburg! We were supposed to have left yesterday morning, but I've been pretty sick for about a week and yesterday morning got worse instead of better. I thought we were going to have to postpone our trip until next month, but luckily I felt better this morning. So we just got checked in and unloaded to our hotel room. I can't believe all of the cars parked on the parkway! I know there's a thread about it already, but is that something new? It seems like last Feb. when we were here, there was noone parked on the parkway. I know parking has alway been allowed up until 9am, but when did it become all day? (and I know it's only for certain months). Anyways, we'll be heading out for some supper in a little while so I need to go shower. I'll catch yall later.

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're here!

have a great time allers... wish I were there too...

Ohio
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: We're here!

Hi allers!

So glad you felt well enough to travel today. (There's no place like home when you are sick.) Yes, we were there earlier in the month and we parked on the parkway. We have been doing that for a couple of years now when we go down in Feb. I hope you have a really great time and continue to feel better.

Melinda

Waynesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We're here!

Allers,

I am so jealous. I won't be there until July....

Have a great time.

Shannon

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We're here!

Glad you're feeling better. Have a great stay, and write a long trip report!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We're here!

Hope you are having a great time, if you see a bear, say HI from me. We won't be there until next month, so post a long trip report.

greenville sc
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: We're here!

Have a great time. I wish I was there.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
767 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We're here!

Allers,

So glad you are feeling better and could make your trip. I am envious like everyone else. Hope you have a great time and give us a TR. We are a bunch of TR addicts.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We're here!

Hope you have a fabulous time!!! :)

east tn
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: We're here!

alers,is it very crowded?we are thinking of coming early next month

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: We're here!

Thanks everyone!

smokybear31679, I wouldn't say it's crowded, but there are more people here than we expected. The last two times we were here in February, it was nearly dead in town, so compared to those times, it's crowded. Still not bad though.