We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kingwood Inn, Gatlinburg - Concerned!

Smyrna, Tennessee
Level Contributor
542 posts
338 reviews
Save Topic
Kingwood Inn, Gatlinburg - Concerned!

I know the Kingwood closes down for a couple of months in the winter, but we tried to call both the 800 number and the local number and get a recording saying the number is no longer in use or has been disconnected!!! Anyone have any news - preferebly good - about what is going on? We want to make a trip there next month and want to stay at our home away from home.

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kingwood Inn, Gatlinburg - Concerned!

Kingwood Inn

117 Bishop Lane

Gatlinburg, TN 37738

1-800-637-3143

or 865-436-4509

Fax 865-436-4504

Mississippi
Level Contributor
268 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kingwood Inn, Gatlinburg - Concerned!

Closed.

thegreatsmokeymountainsparkway.com/_lodging/…

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kingwood Inn, Gatlinburg - Concerned!

Oh no! I stayed there last October for the first time and really liked staying there. The people that ran it were wonderful. I planned to stay there in the future.

Bob

Alabama
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Kingwood Inn, Gatlinburg - Concerned!

Oh no! I've stayed there regularly since I was a small child and I now take my grandchildren there. We were planning a trip in July. I'm seriously bummed!

TN
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kingwood Inn, Gatlinburg - Concerned!

I was by there the other day and there are no 'for sale', 'For Rent' signs up. I know they do shut down for 'off-season'. Hope they didn't close; we used to stay there when we visited...very nice people!!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kingwood Inn, Gatlinburg - Concerned!

Thanks greygat for that information.

One would think that they would post something on their website or have an answering machine (voicemail) pick up and tell the caller something. Hopefully your right and they are just closed for the winter season.

Bob

Smyrna, Tennessee
Level Contributor
542 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kingwood Inn, Gatlinburg - Concerned!

Sadly, the Kingwood is FOR SALE! Anyone got 1,850,000 I can have! I truly hope it is bought by someone that will keep it pretty much as is and not tear it down for developement! SAD SAD DAY! Thanks to staff and owners for many wonderful memories over the last 16 years!

8. Re: Kingwood Inn, Gatlinburg - Concerned!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 07:26