We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric scooter or wheelchair rental

Ky.
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Electric scooter or wheelchair rental

Is there anyplace in the city that rents electric scooter chairs or wheelchairs for several days in the city that any of you are aware of? I am in search of this for a friend that needs this by the week-end.

Ky.
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Electric scooter or wheelchair rental

I am so sorry, I did not keep the number they sent me but if you will send an e-mail to the link posted below they will reply with the information that you need. There are places listed in the above posts for electric wheelchairs that you can rent for your visit as well. I hope this helps. info@gatlinburg.com

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Electric scooter or wheelchair rental

I'm bringing this old topic back up because I'm currently looking for a standard wheelchair (big back wheels) to rent as opposed to a travel chair (very small back wheels). I've got plenty of people to call, thanks to you all.

Just wanted to let you know that there is a wheelchair rental place in Gatlinburg at Artesano in Baskins Square Mall on the Parkway (865) 430-9577. They rent travel chairs for $15/day. She said the electric ones were $25/day. I'm not sure if that's an electric W/C or a scooter. They also rent strollers for $5/day.

HTH someone.

Cindy

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Electric scooter or wheelchair rental

Just to update this thread further, here's what I've found out today.

Bess & Company (865) 429-0064 rents Standard and Transport W/C's - Standards cost $12.50/day or $45/week

Lee's Total Medical Supply (new phone number) (865) 908-4973 rents Standard W/C's for $15/day or $50/week.

Ream's Drug Store (865) 453-5160 rents Standard W/C's for $15/day or $75/week

Lincare (865) 429-4421 only rents for a month at a time.

I couldn't get a real person to answer the phone at AAA Plus Medical Supply and I'm not sure it was even the right number.

All of these places are located in Sevierville.

Cindy

Mentioned in this post
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
14. Re: Electric scooter or wheelchair rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 07:17