We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what about this

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
columbus ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
what about this

Why not take exit 435 on 40 to TN-32 until you reach US-321?

It seems to be faster on google maps. I have taken the 443 and it is a great view but what about 440 vs 435?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what about this

Hi doodles4423,

A lot depends whether you want speed or a great view. For speed, exit 435. For a great view, I would go on down to exit 443 to the Foothills Parkway to Hwy 321.

Bob

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what about this

Bob is right,

Exits 435, 440, & 443 all take you to 321.

There is only a difference of a few minutes to downtown Gatlinburg regardless of which exit you take.

Exit 435: 30 miles to GB

Exit 440: 20 miles to GB

Exit 443: 25 miles to GB

The farther you go on I40, the less you travel on 321 which is a 2 lane road that takes you thru small towns, Newport, Cosby etc. which can slow you down depending on traffic.

We always take the Foothills Parkway 443 for the great view.

Be aware though, if there is snow, 443 could be closed.

3. Re: what about this

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 02:21