We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

My goodness I was viewing the downtown Gatlinburg webcam,And a big bus pulled off to the side and all these kids got off the bus and just started running across the street where there was no crossing.

A couple of them almost got hit.You should have seen the cars braking fast.

I was on pins and needles watching them exit.

That was scary watching since Im a mom.

The cars comming up the street were blindsided because the kids ran out in front of them.The cars couldnt see past the bus.

I think my heart skipped a few beats watching it.

Please be careful. I know walkers have the right a way,But isnt that for the Offical crosswalks.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

Happy..I thought you were gonna be in town today..what happened? :(

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

Dep. Im in the car

I took my PC with me this trip.

Alot of the homes I am viewing is on here and I might need it.Plus I can surf while riding.

Hubby likes to drive.

Plus last trip I didnt know if they had wifi there.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

Happy..If you are in your car using it, then you must have a wireless card..you wouldn't need WiFi from somewhere else..hmm. What kind of pc do you have? I'm confused?!

And yes the pedestrian 'right of way' is only in the official crosswalks. For those of you that have not been to the area..remember when driving thru Gatlinburg, you must stop for pedestrians in the crosswalks. Pay attention and drive slowly down the Parkway. Although it is hard for me to pay attention when I am there as I am always 'rubber necking' to see the houses up in the mountians and all the shops..lol

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

Dep. Yes I just bought the wireless card.I have a Toshiba laptop.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

My son wants to surf the internet while traveling. He has a laptop so what do we need to get.sorry I'm not the best computer person around this may sound crazy.

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

I got my card thru my internet provider,It is rather expensive.Plus make sure you have plenty of battery life.

Thibodaux, Louisiana
Level Contributor
280 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

You can buy a power inverter that you can plug your laptop into just like at home it simply plugs in the ciggarette lighter plug and it coverts the 12 volt power to 110 power like a house it is enough to power a laptop, charge camera battries and such.

Gatlinburg, TN
Level Contributor
307 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

We've had a wireless internet connection for our laptop for over two years. Where we live high speed internet is not yet available (dumb!), so this is the only way we could get it. It comes in handy in travels. We can even check into our security surveylance systems at our shops at anytime from anywhere. We call that peace of mind.

Seymour, Tennessee
Level Contributor
300 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

When I lived in Gatlinburg some years back, I remember families that had children in strollers, they didn't care if a care was coming or not. They pushed the baby stroller out in front of them first, just to see if a car would actually stop! Not every car can stop on a dime! Those folks that put their baby strollers out in front of moving cars, makes me wonder if they should have children at all. I lived there for over 20 yrs. I saw it everyday that I went to work. People take their lives in their own hands when they don't use the crosswalks.People will not stop.Yes, Please use the crosswalks, but also watch the traffic.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reminder..Please use the cross walks in Gatlinburg PLEASE!!.

Something else that I always see that has not been mentioned is crossing streets and the "Walk" and "Don't Walk" signs.

I have decided that most people don't understand what the red flashing "Don't Walk" hand, and the OK to walk signs mean.

The worst part is I'm talking about is most all are ADULTS with children.

How about a few j-walking tickets??? Oh, no!! They can't do that! Visitors would create an uproar about as loud as the folks parking illegally and getting booted. Hummmmm...

Bob