We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report april 24-28

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
827 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
trip report april 24-28

I was shocked at the traffic coming in from Seiverville--never got involved in it that bad in the spring...should've figured on a Friday nite with the promise of great weather!! Stopped at Food City--loaded up and headed up to our chalet...Kears Love Nest on Kear Mountain--incredible views & the great service we've always had from the Mountain Rentals of Gatlinberg. Unbelievable views of the National Park! Unfortunately we had a pesky raccoon as a guest that night...he didn't want to leave our deck and spent a lot of time trying to get into the garbage!! He tried to look as cute as possible (think puss & boots from Shrek) but He got bored when he realized we weren't feeding him and never came back.

Spent most of our time in the park--various hikes--the trail at the Chimneys was loaded with wildflower--saw some waterfalls and drove the nature trail--also went into the Greenbrier side and picnic'd. Did a little shoppping in Pigeon Forge & walked the strip in Gatlinberg. Saw a few snakes and some wild turkeys...perfectly happy with no bear sightings!!

A new activity was horseback riding that came free with our chalet...what fun!! Smokey Mountain stables was great!!

The weather was picture perfect with the only rain followed by a rainbow dipping right into the mountains! Our only meals out were Monday with breakfast at the Pancake Pantry (where else!!) and Best Italian which was beyond my expectations!!

Thanks to all for advice!!

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report april 24-28

Great Report.

Those raccoons are pretty fisty.Glad you had a great time. I am glad to see you enjoyed The Pancake Pantry and Best italian,I hope you got the bread knot things.They are good.

Seems like the hikes went well,Snakes no I would rather see bears. we also saw alot of turkeys up there when we were there.

Glad yall enjoyed Tennessee,

Cindy

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report april 24-28

Just noticed you and Trabba were there at the same times,Thats a trip, Did yall run into each other?

That would be neat if yall did.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
827 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report april 24-28

i'm always lookin for someone else with TA stuff (I keep my little backpack on) but never do!!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report april 24-28

Glad you had a great trip, flizzer!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
301 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report april 24-28

Sounds like you had a great trip as well. I agree, the weather was beautiful and the traffic was awful up until about mid-day Sunday.

6. Re: trip report april 24-28

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2009, 05:50