We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

Kentucky
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

I have discovered and old vintage 28 page Silver Dollar City (Before It Was Dollywood) Souvenir Book in an old drawer. It has been posted to the Vintage Pamphlet section of the Old Gatlinburg Website Enjoy! www.oldgatlinburg.net

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

Now thats interesting. Thanks for the link. I went there sometime around the mid 1970's and thought it was way cool at the time. Now looking at the old flyer I realize how small and somewhat limited the place really was compared to what Dollywood did with the place.

Thanks,

Chris

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

Way cool, it brings back memories.

Did you notice the "Fanny's" funnel cakes....any relation to fannie farkle?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

Probably not, but I have no idea, I really miss Prisoners Mine, I hate that they took that old fashioned ride out. It still at the Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO I think, would like to make it there one day.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
823 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

I liked the prisoner's mine also. I couldn't believe they did away with it.

Muncie, IN
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

My grandparents have one of those old tintypes from there that they advertised in that booklet. It's got my grandparents, my dad, and my uncle in it. It's actually pretty cool. It is just like today's "Old Time" photos (complete with dress up) except it was taken just like it would have been long ago and then developed onto a piece of metal. It was probably taken 35 years ago and still looks great!

Too bad the people doing these types of photos now have forgotten this. I know it's a cost issue and it's much cheaper to print them how they do now, but wouldn't it be great if just one shop still offered this. I'd pay a little more to have one made like this instead of a cheap paper print.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
714 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

We just visited Dollywood this past week, with my oldest brother who has a place in Sevierville. What is special is that they had a tintype photo taken 25 years ago for their wedding photo. While we were there, they had a tintype photo done in the same dressup they did back when it was Silver dollar city. This marked there 25 year anniversary. What a fun trip...

Tom and kim

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

We use to go to Branson/Silver Dollar City every year before switching to Gatlinburg. I didn't know that Dollywood was once a Silver Dollar City.

We will be going to Dollywood for the first time this summer. My kids are looking forward to it--- I will have to share your link with them. Thanks

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

Oh wow my parents have old pictures of Silver Dollar City.

I remember riding the Fire house ride or something like that.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

That sounds like Blazing Fury, which I believe is still at Dollywood, I think, as well as Silver Dollar City in Branson. The end of that ride is really cool where it looks like the burning bridge is gonna crash into you.

10. Re: See Vintage Silver Dollar City Souvenir Book on OldGat Site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 05:36