We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fireworks in Gatlinburg?

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
fireworks in Gatlinburg?

We might be staying on Ski Mountain Rd. in a chalet over the 4th weekend and are wondering if we might be able to see any fireworks from our chalet (just regular people shooting them off from their chalets). I know there are some in the town - but you need to be able to see the town in order to see them.

Thanks!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fireworks in Gatlinburg?

I really doubt it i have been there for other occasions and pretty much the only ones are in town. It's not quite like the beach and there not sold on every corner like at the beaches too. I am not sure if there illegal but not very common.

SmokyMountainGirl
Level Contributor
126 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fireworks in Gatlinburg?

The Tennessee Smokies always have a great fireworks display at the Ball Stadium for the holiday. Check their website out if you are interested at www.http://tennessee.smokies.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t553

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fireworks in Gatlinburg?

Hi helpmeplease67,

If you don't want to travel to town to see the fireworks, you may want to think about viewing them from one of the couple of Gatlinburg overlooks on the Gatlinburg Bypass.

Bob

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
679 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fireworks in Gatlinburg?

I don't reccomend watching the fireworks from the by-pass. My wife and I tried that last year thinking there would be better views but there was very limited viewing from up there due to where they light them off in town on the 4th and the fact the trees are getting bigger all the time. As it turns out we only had to walk down the street a short ways from our B&B to see them perfectly (which we WILL be doing this year :) When they do the New Years Eve fireworks from the Space Needle, the by-pass is a great viewing area.

5. Re: fireworks in Gatlinburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 06:18