We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Livermush

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Livermush

Can someone tell me where you can get livermush in the Smoky Mountain area? We are coming in September, and my step-dad wants to try it. It sounds awful to me, but I would love to find some for him. Thanks

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Livermush

Yuck...sounds awful to me, too!LOL Never heard of it...heard of liver AND mush but not both together.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Livermush

I don"t know where you can get Livermush in the area I don't remember seeing it listed at any of the dining spots we have visited.

But, I can tell you that Livermush tastes great in my opinion. I suppose it could be an acquired taste but since I'm from NC it's a southern thing that we grew up with. You never can tell until you try it...although that's what they say about okra and I'll never try that yuck!

To each his/her own.

ohio
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Livermush

How about in North Carolina... can we get it there? I have to find it. My step-dad is a true hillbilly. He grew up in the mountains of Kentucky. He is 83 years old and doesn't ever ask for anything. I think it would be great if we could find someplace where he can try livermush.

Heart of it all
Level Contributor
577 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Livermush

If the travel channel has a website, check there. They showed it on the show about Appalachia just last week. They explained how to make it and told where to get it. You may even try to google livermush and NC or TN and see what happens.

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
828 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Livermush

I googled livermush & North Carolina and 3 stores came up with maps and everything. I am not sure if they are near GB.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Livermush

Sounds like something off of "Bizzare Foods" Show

Heart of it all
Level Contributor
577 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Livermush

See if you can check this out:

travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bizarre_Foods/Epi…

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Livermush

Livermush is a southern thing? I've never heard of it. Sounds.... interesting. :)

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Livermush

I've never heard of it either. I guess I'm too far north and west. LOL! Here's an article I enjoyed reading about it:

www.csmonitor.com/2004/1222/p14s01-lifo.html

Bob

10. Re: Livermush

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 06:17