We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Restaurant

Indiana
2 posts
Save Topic
Nice Restaurant

My Parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary. It there a nice, mid-priced restaurant in the Gatlinburg area?

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Restaurant

The Park Grill or the Peddler are nice places for a special occassion :)

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Restaurant

Hi kelty1234,

taylorsmommi is spot-on about her two choices. I would try The Peddler Steakhouse first. It is a little more intimate than The Park Grill Steakhouse.

www.peddlergatlinburg.com

www.parkgrillgatlinburg.com

Either one would be a great choice!

Bob

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
1,214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Restaurant

I would also recommend the Peddler and The Park Grill for a "nice" dinner. They are kind of $$pricey$$, but they are nice places for a special occassion dinner. They are sister restaurants that offer similar dinner menus...steaks, large salad bar, etc. They are only open for dinner (after 5pm)..and call ahead seating is recommended.

The Old Mill is great too, but does NOT have the romantic atomosphere that you are probably looking for. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is really good homestyle country cooking with generous portions. It is personally one of my favorites in the area.

Hope this helps!

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Restaurant

I know the Park Grill is capable of a nice meal, but I have yet to receive one. So we gave up on them.

The Cherokee Grill is a better choice. Or even Cahouns.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
137 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Restaurant

The OP asked for a mid-priced restaurant, which in my opinion the Park Grill and Peddler are not. So in that case I'd also recommend the Cherokee Grill or Calhouns.

Gatlinburg, TN
Level Contributor
307 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Restaurant

Although it has been awhile since I've been there, I would recomend Cherokee Grill way over The Park Grill or Peddler. However; I must say, that The Park Grill may have the best deserts to be found in town!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice Restaurant

Check out dininginthesmokies.com to check some of the menus out with the prices to get a better idea. My vote would be The Peddler as well because you could have them do the special candlelight, rose, tablecloth setup for them- you just have to call ahead and request it. I know that several years ago we went there for our one year anniversary and the couple beside us were celebrating their 50th anniversary. It was nice to chat with them and get their advice on a successful marriage- patience, they both said at the same time! lol

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice Restaurant

We love the Park Grill, but the Cherokee Grill is also very nice. The Peddler is also another good place or if you want to travel into Pigeon Forge, try the Bullfish Grill for a dinner just as good as you'd get at any of these places, but, as I recall, a bit cheaper.

Cindy

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice Restaurant

The peddler is super nice, and you can reserve a table over the river. You can only reserve the day of i think.

10. Re: Nice Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 05:24