We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
4 posts
Save Topic
Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

I too have been scammed by Steve Lear and Scott Adams if that's their real names. Out of our money and no cabin. Couldn't believe this is happening, a little more than 2 weeks til we scheduled our vacation. This was our first time to Tennessee.

SmokyMountainGirl
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

Please report them to the Tennessee Real Estate Commission. Online that is www.trec.com. They will be investigated.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

I am sorry this happened i would definately report them. I hope this doesn't prevent you from visiting Tenn. it is a beautiful place and we don't hear of this happening very much from other companies. Good Luck

Louisiana
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

Thanks Georgia, it was very upsetting to say the least but we was able to find a hotel that we will stay at. We no longer had the money to stay in another cabin but we will make the most of what we can. Not left with much of a choice. We really wanted to make the trip anyway and I'm thankful that we were able to manage it. I'm glad we didn't have to disappoint our kids. I know some will not be able to rescheldule the trip and I guess I'm blessed that we can and feel bad for those who can't.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

How did you pay them? If you used a credit card, the card can do a charge back on them and get your money back for you. Credit cards have a down side, but for hotels and reservations, they are a lifesaver. Hope you still have a great time.

Lawrenceburg, IN
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

I was also scammed by this company. Not sure if we will be able to do our trip at all. Was a surprise for my mom. I called the BBB and they said the Attorney General is going to investigate. Also, talked to the Sevierville Police and the captain is doing the investigation. I encourage to call him. His secratary said it may end up being a Civil Case which means we have to pay for our own lawyer to get our money back. The number for the police (865)453-1986

Lawrenceburg, IN
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

I wish they would have taken a credit card!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

Could you elborate a little more to let others understand how they are scamming people so they know what to look for? Also, who do they represent? Company name?

Thanks,

Chris

Smoky Mountains
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

There is a person on another thread who is coordinating things with other victims. The count is around 15 (or more, so far).

The address to contact is Lawsonjt1@yahoo.com. May I say that I am so sorry for the money you're out and how it made you fret. As a native Tennessean, it's really embarrassing to me when we're not hospitable. If these heinous acts aren't criminal ~ I don't know what is...

There's work to be done on the State level to get some rules and laws changed.

Louisiana
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

Yes the name of the company was "A Plus American Vacations" and they posted cabin rentals on Homeaway.com and Vacationrentals.com and after booking a rental with them and sending a check, they have cashed our checks and left with everyone's money. They disconnected phones, both office and cell. No way to contact them. So we have no money and no cabin.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scammed by "A Plus American Vacations"

I hate to post the obvious, but if they won't take a CC, move on to another company. In today's market, almost everyone takes CCs. It isn't worth the risk.