We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best show

ohio
12 posts
Save Topic
Best show

We are going to be in staying in the area for a week. wanting to catch at least one dinner/theater show while in the area. Which do you guys recommend as the best for your money?

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best show

There is only a couple of dinner shows the rest are just shows but if you have never done the Dixie Stampede you should do it. Definatley worth the money and really good food.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best show

We love the Black Bear Jamboree

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best show

Both Dixie Stampede and Black Bear Jamboree are the best choices... BB show is more music and dancing.. Dixie Stampede is horses and action and singing loads of fun... if you have not yet seen it, that would be my suggestion. :)

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best show

If you go to Dollywood make sure you see the show there named Sha Kon O Hey. We saw it on premiere night and again in July with friends and loved it. It shows 3 times per day (except I think Mondays) and it's included in the price of entry.

Chris

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best show

My vote is the Dixie Stampede for the dinner/theater, although I have not seen the BBJ show yet.

Bob

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best show

I think the best show in town is Smith Brothers! I'd have dinner at one of the great restaurants and then go see their show. Nothing can top it! The dinner show food is OK but it's not spectacular. I do think Dixie Stampede is the best one. Best wishes.

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best show

We have seen the Dixie Stampede twice and loved it both times!!!

missouri
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best show

Dixie Stampede for sure. Comedy Barn is also great but doesn't include dinner. We hated the black bear jamboree.

Smyrna, TN
Level Contributor
196 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best show

We love the Sweet Fanny Adams show - look for it on the main street through town (at the upper end close to Hard Rock).

Northwest Ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best show

Hello Brad,

We've done the Black Bear Jamboree, the Dixie Stampede and the Comedy Barn in the past and all were entertaining. On Our last trip (6/15/09) we saw Cirque De Chine. Everyone in our group ages 6 to 46 was AMAZED, this show is in a class by itself. A two hour show for $29.00 adult we thought was money well spent.