We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food City card has not come

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
276 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Food City card has not come

We leave Monday, the 3rd. From what I understand, I can get a card at the store? Is it worth the trouble? I did apply kind of late.

We are excited. I still need to pack. Husband and son are packed.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food City card has not come

we went in and just got a visitor's card. you have to fill out information but it's not much. if you don't mind waiting the extra couple of minutes and it could save you a few bucks. any discount is a good one!

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food City card has not come

You can get it at the store,Ive had mine for a while now.The cashier will have them and they didnt ask for my info just gave us the card.It does save a little.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food City card has not come

You can save more money if you stop at Wal-Mart in Sevierville. they are much cheaper than Foodcity even with your value card. take a cooler or get on of those cheap foam ones at wal-mart for about 2 bucks still you will save money. I have traded at both places. hope this helps.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food City card has not come

If your husband or son filled out the online form, check with them to see if they printed out the temporary card offered at the end.

Bob

Seymour, Tennessee
Level Contributor
300 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food City card has not come

The previous poster was right, it is cheaper at walmart, but the produce, you really have to watch, I have gotten some things there and they have rotted within a few days. Food city may be a little pricey on a few things but,the quality is good and they don't have 200 check out lanes and 2 open.(I'm being sarcastic.) Both places has its pros and cons.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food City card has not come

I'm sure you can get a lot of things cheaper at Walmart, but that parking lot would drive a person to drink, so in the end it saves you nothing. Ha! Seriously. I hate it there. It's always so crowded. I'll use my husband's favorite expression...what's your time worth? LOL. So, I generally end up at Food City in Gatlinburg. I love that store. There are only two things you have to worry about if you're going there. First, the produce is extremely expensive. It's not so bad if you want a potatos or tomatoes or some locally grown veggies, but the fruit is out of sight. Very expensive. You're better off to bring it from home. Second, be careful with buying chicken that's on sale there. Twice I've gotten what I thought was a good deal, but had to return it because it was obviously old i.e. it smelled when I opened it. Now, I don't buy the big store-packed packages that are on sale. You can kind of tell if they're bad because they're floating in chicken liquid. (Yech!) Now you don't want to shop there at all, huh? Sorry. Really other than that it's a good store.

Cindy

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
276 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food City card has not come

I read on the FG forum that Walmart is nuts! We are staying in Gatlinburg so Food city might be the choice. My son and husband are clueless about the card. Come to think of it, we did get a temp card. I just need to print it out!

I cant wait. We leave in the morning! We will be there by late afternoon/evening. We are charging phones/cameras/etc.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food City card has not come

Yippee!! I hope you find your temp. I'd rather maybe spend a little more at Food City than to have to mess with the madhouse crowds at Walmart or Kroger.

Bob

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food City card has not come

As often as we come to Pigeon Forge (about 3 times yearly) we found the Food City discount card quite worth while. Sure, we could drive to Wal-Mart in Sevierville, but by the time you drive from Pigeon Forge to Wal-Mart, I could be done shopping and on my way back to the motel or the mountains. And on the lighter side, when I'm shopping here at home and I accidentally pull that Food City card, its a gentle reminder of better times and places.

10. Re: Food City card has not come

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2010, 05:18