We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nantahala George Excursion Bryson City

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
orland Park, Il
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nantahala George Excursion Bryson City

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long it takes to drive from the Dollywood area to the Train ride in Bryson City NC. I have been told 3 different time frames. I really need to know because the train leaves at 10:30am and of course they leave on time. So if any local or anyone has driven this please help me not be late. I am not sure if it makes a difference but this would be on a tuesday not a weekend day in September.

Thank you so much in advance.

Cindy

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nantahala George Excursion Bryson City

Between 90 and 120 minutes.

PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nantahala George Excursion Bryson City

We did it in 2007 and left at 8:00 AM for the same 10:30 train. We had about 1 & 1/4 hours to kill. We got our tickets and a cup of coffee and went in a couple stores, It was not a bad wait, if I remember you can board 1/2 hour early. Have fun.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nantahala George Excursion Bryson City

We just took this trip on Aug 8. We left our chalet on Ski Mtn (about 10-15 min from Dollywood) at 7:50 am, and arrived at the depot at 9:30am, with no traffic along the way. The train boards at 10:15, and I suggest to be able to get a window seat and sit together that you be on line at least by 10:15. Our train car was crowded and later arrivals had to split up and couldnt sit together.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,730 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nantahala George Excursion Bryson City

Don't forget they are doing construction on Newfound Gap road over on the NC side which could delay you from getting to Bryson City in a "normal" time frame.

If you are going on the 10:30 AM ride on the train, I'd suggest you leave Gatlinburg no later than 8:30 AM.

orland Park, Il
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nantahala George Excursion Bryson City

Thank you everyone that has helped me to make the train on time. I also was wondering if there is a place to eat breakfast by the train station before we board.

I really appreciate you helping me out.

Cindy

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nantahala George Excursion Bryson City

The Station Restaurant servers breakfast, or used to. I've not eaten their breakfast, but I enjoy a great dinner there one evening. It's across the street from the depot.

There's also the Everett St. Diner nearby.

Let us know what you decide.

7. Re: Nantahala George Excursion Bryson City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 06:17