We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrisburg Covered Bridge

Saraland, Alabama
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Harrisburg Covered Bridge

Can anyone tell me how to get to the Harrisburg Covered Bridge?

Thanks,

Kaye

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
830 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrisburg Covered Bridge

I found these instructions on another site.

"To find the Harrisburg Covered Bridge take US Hwy. 411 north of Sevierville for about 5 miles, turn east onto TN-339 and go about one more mile. You will see a sign pointing to the bridge, which is on a local road, about 400 yards south of the highway."

Turn right on 411, and if I remember correctly TN339 has some sort of gas station on the corner of it. But there will be a sign on 411 well before you need to turn.

South Boston...
Level Contributor
855 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrisburg Covered Bridge

we saw that this summer, its pretty cool!! fun to get some pics of..

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrisburg Covered Bridge

It is very easy to get to if you go to Sevierville and take 411 (AKA Dolly Parton Pkwy) There is actually a sign for the covered bridge that tells you where to turn. If you are not familiar with the area ,(I see this was posted under Gatlingburg)You have to come back thru Pigeon forge on the parkway into Sevierville. It is not difficult to get to and it is really a neat thing to see :)

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrisburg Covered Bridge

I think of Beetle Juice lol Go to google maps and type in Sevierville Tn zoom in and you can see the area called Harrisburg. Then go to street view where the river crosses the road and you can see it. They remodeled it. It uses to be more old school back in the day.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harrisburg Covered Bridge

The replies above are correct. Turn right onto 339 off of 441. (if you continue on down 441 you will come upon Bush's Bean Factory and signs to a cave) This will be a red light and there is a gas station here (BP or a Exxon, on the right....can't remember which) We rented a cabin (from Sunset Cottages, www.sunsetcottage.com, Lazee River) a couple years back, 1ST cabin/home on the right (once you turn onto 339) and we went on down the road to see this covered bridge. Actually you can get to Gatlinburg thru these country roads, we did. But can't remember now the names of the roads we took. HTH!

Saraland, Alabama
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Harrisburg Covered Bridge

Thank You to each of you for your response. This is on our to do list. Is there anything else like this that you would recommend seeing?

Thanks,

Kaye

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harrisburg Covered Bridge

Here is a link to my review of the Harrisburg Covered Bridge. It has directions built right into the review. Also included a few photos.

Hope ths helps!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harrisburg Covered Bridge

Here is the link...

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g55328-d14…

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harrisburg Covered Bridge

Precious, I would say definately plan to go and spend some time visiting all the old historic cabins still standing in Cades cove and also Roaring Fork as well as the old churches. It is amazing to see how people actually lived back then! Each cabin has a posting of the background and history behind it.

10. Re: Harrisburg Covered Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2010, 04:18