We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

I've been watching people use the webcam for the last several minutes and someone continues to zoom the camera into a room at the Edgeater. There is someone in the room and the lights are on you can see them walking around. When you are outside you can't consider anything to be private but inside a room is something different.

Be CAREFUL what you do in sight of that camera, especially inside your hotel room.

indiana
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

I know, you really have to watch in the downtown hotels.

I am not trying to be funny, but I had to laugh at the "Edgeater".

indiana
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

Oops, not sure what happened but I know you meant the Edgewater. There are always creeps zooming in on those rooms. Disgusting!

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

LOL - I never claimed to be able to type! Yes, Edgewater!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

This is not the first time i have heard about this. If i remember correctly someone was doing this with one of the Pigeon forge webcams too.

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

Both cameras regularly have creeps trying to peep in on folks. It drives me crazy when I am trying to look at the mountains, chairlift, decorations or some of my favorite places and some loser steals the camera to try and zoom in on a room. Whoever these people are, they are quite skillfull with the use of the camera. By the time I get the camera where I want it, my session is over.... It's kinda hard to use.

South Boston...
Level Contributor
855 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

I have seen that on the PF cam...

I tried to agrivate them by turning the cam away every chance I could, but everytime they would turn it right back and zoom in on the same window at that hotel... the pervs!!

Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

who owns the camera? is there any way to contact them and let them know what people are doing? Maybe they could take the control away from the public and just rotate it themselves toward the mountains and the street scenes.

8. Re: Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 02:51
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

Hummm... No one ever mentioned the best solution to the problem. CLOSE YOUR BLINDS/DRAPES if you're doing something that you would never do in public!!

If I'm laying on my bed, with the blinds/drapes open, drinking a cold beverage, and watching The Gatlinburg Visitors Channel, who cares. How boring!

If I'm in the jacuzzi with my sweetie and the blinds/drapes open, I'M STUPID!!

One other thing is that if you have valuables and want the blinds/drapes open, be sure to put them in a drawer, closet, safe, etc.

Just use common sense, and as VeeBee66 said, Be CAREFUL!

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Clinton, MS
Level Contributor
837 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown Hotel stayers - BE WARE!

I've noticed this also! Just use common since people and close the blinds!