We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Lift Chairs

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Topic
Sky Lift Chairs

Are they replacing the chairs on the sky lift downtown? I was just looking at the webcam and there's a lot of chairs that appear to be sitting on the ground. And it looks as if there's only chairs on one side of the lift (coming down) as if they are taking them off the wire as they come through the station on the parkway.

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sky Lift Chairs

I just saw that. I hope they are not broken, we are heading up that way and are planning to ride the Sky Lift. Maybe it is maintenance!!

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sky Lift Chairs

I was watching them take them off, too. Maybe they do that once in awhile to repaint them or something.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sky Lift Chairs

I just sent them an email asking what was going on. When I hear back, I'll post a reply.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sky Lift Chairs

They used to take them off every year when they closed for the winter but that was back when nearly everything in GB closed for the winter. Don't know if they still close for the winter or not but it sounds likely that they still do.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sky Lift Chairs

They are open every day of the year according to their website. Their hours do change on the 1st of November every year. Maybe they just don't need as many chairs???? Hope they reply to my email soon.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sky Lift Chairs

This is the reply I got from my email.

Hi ,

Yes, it is maintenance. We will be down till the 14th of November

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sky Lift Chairs

That's assuring, I'll have a new ride up the side of the mountain.

Alabama
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sky Lift Chairs

what is the link to the webcam? I never knew there was one that showed the skylift!

Ohio
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sky Lift Chairs

KylesGal,

Here is a link to the Gatlinburg webcam.

cabinfevervacations.com/gatlinburg-web-cam.h…

10. Re: Sky Lift Chairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 06:17