We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Wind Advisory!

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
High Wind Advisory!

I'm sitting here in our cabin and we are under a high wind advisory...It feels like I'm in the middle of a hurricane in Florida!

The wind sounds so scary through the windows...I guess I won't be sleeping tonight! ha!

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Wind Advisory!

I'm in Florida right now and it's pretty windy here too. We are heading up in a few days. I hope the winds die down by then. I know it will be cold and it's that much worse when the wind is blowing.

Tombstone, Arizona
Level Contributor
703 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Wind Advisory!

Hey Disney: Glad you made it up from the sunshine state. Better honker down with this weather front. We were under tornado warnings earlier, but it has passed.

Hope your stay is pleasant and the weather cooperates.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Wind Advisory!

yep, we are in Gatlinburg now. Very windy last night and right now.

Power was out an hour or so last night and again this morning.

Merry Christmas !

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Wind Advisory!

Glad you made it!! How did you end up going? Did you take the detour or I75?

Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High Wind Advisory!

We took US27 to the Turnpike and then I-75...smooth trip until we got into a little traffic in Atlanta.

melaniefoo
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: High Wind Advisory!

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but since some of you are from Florida, how long does it take you to get to Gatlinburg? My brother will be stationed in Pensacola for 6 months & we were hoping he could join us in Gatlinburg for Easter if the drive isn't too long.

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: High Wind Advisory!

Melanie it would be about a 9 hour drive from Pensacola.

Alabama
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: High Wind Advisory!

We experienced those high winds the other night. Neither me nor my husband has ever heard anything like it before. We're staying in Cottage Gardens and it was horrible.

Fortutunately, I stopped into Mountain Laurel's office on Thursday and they were giving out slips of paper with the phone number to call in case of a power outage due to the high winds since the office would be closed. Unfortunately we had to use the number when the power went out for about three hours up here. The power company was really great about calling to see if the power was restored and when it wasn't, they made a note and called us back when it was back on. Unfortunately that was around three in the morning and we were asleep! Now we're just hoping for a little snow before we leave on Saturday!

9. Re: High Wind Advisory!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 05:17