We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motel Advice

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Motel Advice

Looking for suggestions for a motel in Gatlinburg for 2-3 days mid to end April. Want easy walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg (so we don't have to pay for parking) Prefer an economical motel, with frig and microwave if possible. We want to keep costs down on this part of the trip to allow us to splurge on a nice cabin for the rest of our stay. Johnson's Inn would fit the bill but I'm concerned with some of the reviews lately. Also considerd Riverhouse at the Park but wonered if it was really within walking distance of things. Any other suggestions?? any help yo u could provide would be appreciated!!

Germantown...
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motel Advice

Hotels & Motels on Parkway main drag in Gatlinburg.

ihsadvantage.com/h/…209

Edited: 17 January 2010, 18:25
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motel Advice

I would suggest riverhouse motor lodge, it is pretty equal if not better than the one at the park. It is definately within walking distance and all the balconies are over the river whereas they are not all over the river at the park. But sometimes they are not very economical and require minimum stays during peak times so you would just have to check that out. We recently stayed at the quality inn creekside and it was o.k. i would stay again. It is right off the parkway.

indiana
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motel Advice

I would also suggest Riverhouse Motor Lodge. It is off of River Road and closer to the center of town.

Riverhouse at the Park is also very nice, but is at the very end of town. You could always take the trolley to the other end of town if you needed to, though.

Those two would be my personal choices.

I haven't stayed at Johnsons Inn, so I'm sorry I can't comment on that one.

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Motel Advice

river terrace could also fit this bill. it's located right beside the ripley's aquarium at stop light 5 in gatlinburg

Franklin, Kentucky
Level Contributor
222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motel Advice

I'll have to check out the Riverhouse Motor Lodge since everyone suggests it. My wife and I usually stay at the River Terrace. They usually have good deals and we like the location. Nothing fancy...but neither are we, so we've never been dissappointed.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motel Advice

I second Riverhouse Motor Lodge. It is walking distance to everything in Gatlinburg. they have private balconies over the river and wood burning or gas fireplaces,and homemade donuts for breakfast.

atlantic city, nj
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Motel Advice

We stayed at the Quality Inn Creekside and had a really nice room with a refrigerator and microwave.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
1,209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Motel Advice

I personally had a great stay at Johnson's INN. They had a mini-fridge, but the microwave was an addition $5 a day rental (with advance notice). It was reasonably priced, close to town and clean. It is only 1 block from the back entrance to the Village. And the walk to downtown (1 & 1/2 blocks) is NOT very steep..so that is a plus. I also have looked into Jack Huff's, but haven't stayed there yet. It is across the street from the Johnson's INN.

Hope this helps. IF you want to read more about Johnson's INN or want to see some photos--check out my review!! Have a great trip.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Motel Advice

Riverhouse at the Park is on the end of River Road, but is still within walking distance, plus it is more quiet on that end of town. We looked at Riverhouse Motor Lodge because we love their location, but the room we looked at was very dark and dated. I think they may have some rooms that have been remodeled. Our favorite is the Clarion, which is located on the Parkway. Their rooms are a bit more expensive than some of the other suggestions, but they offer a free full breakfast each morning, which could save quite a bit.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Motel Advice

I would recommend Jack Huff's to fit your needs. I'm not sure if they have them in all rooms, but I had requested a mini fridge and microwave in my last room when I stayed there, and do not believe there was any additional charge for it..so mayeb they are already in the rooms. We had a room with 2 beds, and a very large bathroom area. The room was quite large for a standard hotel room, and was very clean. The staff was great, and prices are uite reasonable for the area. Jack Huff's is directly behind The Village, so a perfect location.

I agree with the above poster about the rooms at Riverhouse being dark and very outdated. Not sure if they do have newer rooms, but if you look at their website you can see what they look like. When I looked at them a few years ago, they looked exactly like the photos. With dark carpets, dark bedding, and wood paneling. Not quite my style. Maybe you can call and askif they have updated their rooms. Hope this helps give you another option. Good luck on your search, and enjoy your trip

Edited: 18 January 2010, 20:40