We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin near a creek?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Worth, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cabin near a creek?

Hello...I've spent the past few days looking at a lot of cabins and I'm thinking it might be nice to stay near a creek or river to do some fishing. We would like to be fairly close to Gatlinburg but don't mind driving for half an hour or so. Does anyone know of any places in Townsend, Wear Valley, etc?

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin near a creek?

How big of a cabin are you looking for? I know several, and I believe that if you stay with Cove Mountain Rentals that you can fish in their pond. It's catch and release. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know of a few more that you can fish off the cabin property, but I need to know how many bedrooms in the cabin you're looking for.

Lake Worth, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin near a creek?

We need one that sleeps 5 (2 adults, 3 children). We'd love to have one with a pool table too.

Like I've told a few in a previous post, I really don't want to be in a cabin that has a high elevation. Thanks for the info!

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin near a creek?

I would try vrbo.com/Townsend/PittmanCenter/Cosby. All these towns have cabins on a creek or river. All hold trout and some bass.

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin near a creek?

One that is along the river is Gone Fishin with Sunset Cottage. They have good fishing there, and there is an entrance to the river that has sand so it's kid friendly. I've seen kids out there swimming, tubing, whatever in the river. The place is by itself pretty much. It is along a road, but there's a steep bank between the cottage and the road. I've never been in that one, but it's a pretty neat area. It's about 5 or 6 miles east of Dollywood.

middle Tennessee
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin near a creek?

Last year we stayed in Aspiring Waters from Sunset Cottage. Built right over a rushing creek, within walking distance to Gatlinburg, sleeps 6, (but no pool table) and no steep mtn. roads to climb to get to it. This year we are looking at some from Fireside chalets in the Hidden Lakes Resort, says they are about 7 miles out Wears Valley Rd. They have several photos of the fishing pond and the cabins look like they have privacy.

6. Re: Cabin near a creek?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 05:16