We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So excited about coming to GB,a few questions tho.

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London,England
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
So excited about coming to GB,a few questions tho.

My 15 year old daughter and I are arriving from England mid August into Atlanta,then driving the next day to Gatlinburg and staying for 2 weeks.My husband is coming over a week later and staying for 1 week.To save us driving all the way to Atlanta to collect him then all the way back, is there any way he can make his own way there or at least to nearby ie Knoxville? (maybe a bus or a train).He'll be getting in at 7pm.

We are so excited about coming.We stayed in Blue Ridge Georgia last year and loved that.I just love the USA and would happily come every year if I could afford it.

What would be the quickest route to GB,I understand it's going to take about 4 hours.

Any useful advice would be appreciated.

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: So excited about coming to GB,a few questions tho.

a bus ride is really about your best option on getting from atlanta to knoxville if you aren't going to drive yourself or fly. a taxi would be too expensive.

quickest way to gatlinburg, from atlanta

75 north exit at lenoir city and take route 321 to maryville, stay on route 321 and that will take you all the way into pigeon forge at stop light #3. this lets you bypass all of knoxville and the drive down to pigeon forge thru sevierville

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: So excited about coming to GB,a few questions tho.

I just checked Greyhound bus from Atlanta to Knoxville. Says it take 4 hours and 45 minutes. Fare is about 32.00.

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: So excited about coming to GB,a few questions tho.

that's a killer deal, you can't beat that with a stick

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So excited about coming to GB,a few questions tho.

When you and your daughter are driving you might like to take a more senic route through the north Georgia mountains again. The driving time is about the same. You would take I-85S to I-985N which turns into Hwy 441 which is the actual parkway through the park into Gburg and PF. ( There is only a few turns). It is a beautiful drive from Georgia into North Carolina but a breath taking trip into the park. Believe me if i can do it you can too.

London,England
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So excited about coming to GB,a few questions tho.

Thank you so much for all your advice.I will look into him getting the greyhound bus,I think he's quite enjoy that and I think I will take the more scenic drive to Gatlinburg.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So excited about coming to GB,a few questions tho.

I need to correct my post. You will need to take I-85 north to I-985 north. Sorry

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So excited about coming to GB,a few questions tho.

I second the scenic route. It may take a little longer but well worth it. We always go that way and we are about 1-1/2 hours below Atlanta.

8. Re: So excited about coming to GB,a few questions tho.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 05:17