We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best deal on cabin rentals

ky.boy
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Topic
best deal on cabin rentals

Who has the best deals on cabin rentals right now?We are coming up the first week of april and are on a budget.Any help would be appreciatted.

junktruck

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best deal on cabin rentals

junktruck...All I can tell you is that most cabincompanies seem to have pretty much the same deals right now.

Stay 2 get the 3rd Free

Stay 3 get the 4th Free

We did find a better deal at Diamond Mountain Rentals if you can stay 4 days. They have stay 4 pay for only 2-1/2 nights.

I also had looked at some of the vrbo cabins, and had e-mailed a few to check on specials...each of them did lower the price they had listed. The cabin companies I had searched through when scheduling my upcoming trip was

Patriot Getaways

Jackson Mtn

Timber Tops

Chalet Village

Cobble Nob

Black Bear Resort

Amazing Views cabins

Cabin Fever

So they were all pretty similar with their springtime deals. I do know Patriot Getaways offers to beat any other deal, but I personally have never tried to do that with them, so not quite sure how easy it is to do.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best deal on cabin rentals

Be very careful.

Get an ALL INCLUSIVE total rate for your entire stay which includes ALL taxes and ALL fees. Divide this by the number of nights to get your TRUE NIGHTLY RATE.

Many companies add on numerous fees, hot tub, cleaning, reservation etc.

Good luck in your search

Level Contributor
145 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best deal on cabin rentals

Mountain Laurel Chalets have quite a few nice cabins available in April, I just quickly searched April 1-10 and about a dozen came up with nightly rates around 110.00 plus tax and no extra fees. They also have a $30.00 off coupon in those coupon books you can find in stands all over town. They are located in the Ski Mountain area above Gatlinburg though, not sure if you wanted to stay in PF since you are posting in this thread. We are staying in a Starrcrest cabin next week thru Sugar Maple, taking advantage of the stay 2 w/ third night free deal just because I always wanted to stay in one of those cabins and this time of year they have the lowest prices....BUT they charge extra fees and I could of stayed with MLC for 6 days for the price I paid SM for 3! It's a one time thing for us, a finally been there/done that thing to cross off the list of things we always wanted to do in the Smokys. I am really excited to get there and see that VIEW with my own eyes, it will be worth the one time splurge when I do. I have stayed with Hidden Mountain West on a previous visit (they are out Wears valley rd. traffic light #3 PF) they have a Winterfest Special going on thru April 30th, where the longer you stay the more you save...stay 2 nights save 10%, 3 nights save 20%, 4 nights or more save 30%...they add a non-refundable security/deposit fee and tax. Happy hunting, if it doesn't drive you crazy, searching for the perfect cabin is half the fun of planning your trip! Good Luck!

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best deal on cabin rentals

check out HomeAway.com ... a rent by owner site, some are giving second night free, or some other special. You can also check out craigslist.org under vacation rentals to see what is available

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best deal on cabin rentals

Bucki-Tom.,

Have you ever used the homeaway.com program? I've heard a lot about it, but never from anyone that could give their actual personal experience. I myself am leery of the craigslist site, as it is not regulated at all and tends to attract alot of scam artists. (I do make that comment from personal & work experience), although not necessarily the cabin renting part of it

north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: best deal on cabin rentals

Patriot Getaways has a lot of cabins being offered at 1/2 off original list.

www.patriotgetaways.com There is a link on their site to click on. Deputy, I know you had patriot in your list. We both have booked with Patriot before. I am booked with Cabin Fever Vacations this year. But I do think the 1/2 off could be a terrific deal for people. Sparrow

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best deal on cabin rentals

songsparrow, You are so right, I forgot all about that 50% deal with some cabins. I had initially wanted to stay with them this time, but noticed that due to the cleaning and other fees, I was able to get a better deal with Diamond Mountain in a cabin that fit our needs. WE really wanted a certain area, and had to have certain ammenities (WiFi for example) so we searched alot of companies and cabins for this trip. I think we made a good choice, but will know for sure after the trip. As long as I have good friends, an amazing view and a hot tub and WiFi for while I'm enjoying that amazing view, I'm good!

And as fo now, I have all the above reserved for this trip.

Thanks for posting that though, I had forgotten about the great deal they have.

DeLand, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: best deal on cabin rentals

Deputy836 - Are you from the Pigeon Forge area !? We have a large group of us converging there in a week, we are coming in from Fl - Ne & Pa and hope we have made a good choice with American Patriot cabins ? We picked them because of the 50% off deal they offered, it made it $400.00 a couple for the whole week. However just found out they will not tell us how to get to the cabin until 4p on the day of check in ... that sounds odd to me, I mean once I stay there I will know the way, short of them being able to wipe our memories clear when we check out....any idea why they practice that policy ? Also any knowledge on the Big Pine Lodge ? Want to do white water rafting also, any suggestions >Thanks for any help ..

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,427 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best deal on cabin rentals

just a comment on the not knowing where a cabin is ahead of time? Very common. I am from Ohio and Hocking Hills here works the same way.

A number of reasons-- but a big one is just to keep people from showing up at thier cabin early or before paying or... bothering guests that are currently there (you go scoping out the cabin before arrival) or.... bothering cleaning crews, or.... :) Not sure what most owners use as the reason, but have a friend who owns and rents out a lodge in Hocking Hills and those are the honest reasons from her.

I've never known the location of where I am staying ahead of time in HH or Gatlinburg. That's normal. No experience with the particular company you chose, but... don't fret that particular policy.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: best deal on cabin rentals

I'm a cabin owner and the reason I don't usually give out the address prior to a firm commitment to rent my cabin is for security reasons. Most of us, including me, have a published calendar on the internet. That clearly shows when my cabin is occupied or empty. Providing the address up front just makes us a sitting duck for the criminal element. When a potential guest asks for the location in their initial inquiry I will give them a nearby intersection that they can check on mapquest so that they will know the general area. If I have repeated conversations with the potential guest, either by phone or email, and I have a comfortable feeling I will sometimes give out the exact address prior to their booking but in most cases I do not provide the exact location until after the guest has paid in full.