We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pancake Pantry

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,397 posts
382 reviews
Save Topic
Pancake Pantry

Pancake Pantry has been going strong for 50 years. Great article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution about this. We have eaten there over the years.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pancake Pantry

Thanks for pointing that our.

I will be there this weekend, may have to stay till Wed! that will be the cheapest you will ever eat at the PP.

I think I am one of the kids they mentioned that ate there 45 yr ago.

The first year I ate there was in 1961, 1 year after they opened. 3 generations of my family have made it a tradition.

Here is the link to the story: ajc.com/travel/smokies-pancake-restaurant-ce…

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pancake Pantry

Thanks for the link...too bad I won't be there next Wednesday for the great deal. I really liked Pancake Pantry, but I hate to say for the price, I'd rather go to ihop and eat there scrumptious double blueberry pancakes. (don't hate me for it..lol)

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pancake Pantry

Thats ok Deputy, some are just not blessed with an gourmet pallet and don't know great food when they taste it.....lol.....just a joke!

Seriously though, I know everyone has opinions, but I honestly cannot understand why anyone cannot taste the obvious difference between the high quality regular buttermilk pancakes at the PP and any other pancake place...anywhere. There is no comparison....but thats just my opinion

i am not always right....once I thought i was wrong.....but I was mistaken

lol

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pancake Pantry

haha jmh :) Indeed the pancakes were very good at Pancake Pantry (if I remember correctly, I had a wild berry pancake), but I was shocked at the price of our breakfast after we also ordered sides of eggs and sausages :0

But yes indeed they were delicious. And now because you said something, I think I'll have to try them again to see if I notice the difference in the actual pancake itself. I normally get some sort of berries and berry sauce, and of course way too much syrup, so maybe I actually drown out the actual pancake flavor.

What do you usually order?

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pancake Pantry

"What do you usually order?"

A glazed cake donut and coffee down the alley from Pancake Pantry-at the Donut Friars!LOL

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pancake Pantry

Nice article...thank for the link to the story.

Don't hate me either , jmh but I just don't see what the big deal is about their pancakes. I admit I only ate there once on my first visit to GB years ago and yes, they were good but I didn't think they were better than the ones I had the following year at Flapjacks down the street. Like you said, we all different opinions. Maybe someday I can give them another try.

Deputy...I like IHOP, too!! ;o)

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pancake Pantry

Yes, they are expensive, too expensive....we usually eat there just once per trip. But always at least once.

Ok, I will make a deal with you, right here in front of TA and everybody.

Next time you are in Gatlinburg, go to the PP and order the following:

*Regular Buttermilk pancakes

*Cinnamon cream syrup…you have to order it separate and yes it costs extra.

*Plenty of their real whipped butter….plenty…ask for extra

No specialty, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, purple berry or any other kind of berries. Just regular buttermilk pancakes.

Eat

If you truly do not think those are the best regular pancakes you have ever had. Come back here on TA and let us know and I will mail you a check for the cost of your breakfast.

Now, if you don’t have a sweet tooth or don’t like cinnamon or don’t like real butter, then the deal is off.

Are you up to it?

Disclaimer: **this offer good only for deputy836, must be 21yrs of age or more, no express value implied, yada yada yada

Wish I was in...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pancake Pantry

Wow! A breakfast at the Pancake Pantry for $1 or less?! That is a great deal!

I love the Pancake Pantry's pancakes, but agree that they are pretty pricey. That's why we usually split a plate between the two of us. There's plenty of food to go around, and we always get out of there for under $10.

P.S. The Sugar-n-Spice pancakes are the best! :)

Wish I was in...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pancake Pantry

jmh1956 to deputy836:

The fine print....

*Offer only valid on March 17, 2010.

:) Just kidding

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pancake Pantry

firefighterzgrl,

gosh, I wish I had thought to add that !

I will have to make an addendum to the offer