We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

Hi

My husband and I will be traveling to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area in a few weeks. We will be traveling by our two small dogs, and we are looking for a nice cabin with a fenced in yard. We want our dogs to enjoy their trip too, and last time we visited the area they were stuck inside most of them time due to the small unfenced yard. Any suggestions?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

I know this has been discussed on here before but I can't remember the cabin suggestions. You can do a search beside "Gatlinburg Forums" and type in fenced yard.

However, I just wanted to point out you should not leave your dogs outside unattended. Bears do not like dogs and I would not trust a fence to protect my dog.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

I am a responsible pet owner, and the only reason I want a fenced yard is so we can play with them outside and they can go potty without being on a leash. It's difficult to let them run an play in a strange place without boundaries. They are Beagle/Australian Shepherd mix and love to use their noses, so we have to keep them safe within boundaries under our supervision. You would have to be a careless pet owner to just set them loose in a strange place.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

I am certain that sunshine&sand did not intend to offend you. She was mearly pointing out something to keep your pet safe in an unusual environment.

Unless you live in an area with bears, you, like most people with fenced in yards, might let the doggies out to play, feeling they were safe in the fenced in area. I pretty sure most dog owners would think that.

This is what sunshine&sand meant. Not to insult you. There have been cases of bears attacking dogs, and the national park does not allow dogs on most trails, partly for a possible interaction with bears.

You came here for friendly advise, and she gave it to you.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

Here is what I found from a past thread here on TA on the subject. There were actually only 2 threads that popped up when I typed in fenced yard. It appears that as of last year Jackson Mountain Homes had a cabin with a fenced yard. Worth looking into. I can only say that when in town I do alot of driving around the area, and I really can't say that I have seen fenced yards at cabins. Doesn't mean they don't exist, I just haven't seen any fences. Might be a hard thing to find in this area. Well, I hope this link will help a bit. Good luck, and please let us know what you find.

tripadvisor.com/…21309208

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

I did not mean to imply you were not a responsible pet owner. I just did not think bears were in abudance in Ohio. There are not bears near my house and I travel with my dog and I learned that bears will go after dogs on this forum. I appreciated the advice and thought I would pass it on because dogs are important members of families.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

These cabins were listed when I googled "Gatlinburg cabins with a fenced yard". I'm not familiar with any of them, but it might be a good place to get started looking.

http://www.vrbo.com/197002

http://www.vrbo.com/105961

alwaysonvacation.com/vacation-rentals/463167…

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p193449

http://www.cyberrentals.com/rental/p154482

vacationrentals411.com/vacation/18917.html

Lisa

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

Thanks all. I wasn't offended and I apologize if I came off as such. We do indeed have bears here in Ohio, as we live very close to Shawnee State Forest, but they don't often wander into our back yard. The reason for a fenced yard? I just want the dogs to be able to go outside with us without worrying that they will run off and get hurt. They are the only "kids" we have thus far, and I love them. We took them with us to Pigeon Forge right before Christmas and the poor girls were stuck in the cabin most of them time. Anyhow, we found a few places on VRBO, I just wanted to see what else was out there. Thank you all for your input!

Ohio
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

I don't know if you have seen this one yet, but it is fenced with a doggie door.

It is called Artistically Inclined through Jackson Mountain Rentals. Have fun with your "kids"!

Annie

www.jacksonmountainhomes.com/book/house.html…

9. Re: Pet Friendly Cabins with Fenced Yard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 05:17