We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report March 19 -22 2010

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
135 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report March 19 -22 2010

For our 20th anniversary we went to GB with out our kids, a first.

Rented a cabin Thru Cobbly Nob, only one flaw, the hot tub was in direct view of the street, other than that great cabin and staff.

Tried the Cobbly Nob delivery service for dinner one night. The delivery man was very polite , the food was very good an affordable.

Went to lunch at Linebergers, never again , see my review for details.

Went to Calhoons in Pigeon Forge, the prime rib was excellent, the service. not so much, see my review for details..

Went to Best Itallian as soon as we got in to town fro lunch. the food was good as always, love sitting outside and people watching.

Tried the Old Mill for the first time ever, not sure why I have avoided because we are in BG/PF about 3 times a year for 19 years. What a nice surprise! All lunches were 9.99 service was incredible and so was the food.

With Cades cove close we drove thru the park and there was still plenty of snow at new found gap.

Gatlinburg was packed as there was a youth convention of 7000 kids in town. so we didn't walk the strip

Cant wait to go back.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report March 19 -22 2010

Thanks for the report, Tony!

A trip without the kids? We haven't done that since our honeymoon, I think...LOL!

It;'s been a LONG time since I've eaten at Lineberger's. Since I live near the coast, I can't see going to the mountains for seafood. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but it sounds like the rest of your trip was pretty good!

Thanks again!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report March 19 -22 2010

Happy Anniversary, I think it's great that you got away and there's no better place to do it. Thanks for sharing.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report March 19 -22 2010

Thanks for yout trip report Tony. Sounds like a great trip. Sorry about the service at Calhouns. I love their food, as well as at Best Italian!

Thanks for heads up on Old Mill, I haven't ever eaten their either and had thought about making it a must do while ther i n 2 weeks. So I will definitely try it out this visit. Thanks

pekin IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report March 19 -22 2010

Nice report, Tony, thanks!! Sorry 'bout that Linebergers thing....

Ain't the Old Mill wonderful?!?! Just about my fave place to eat anywhere, certainly so in the area. The chicken fried steak is a slice of heaven on a plate. Dang, now I'm hungry.....

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
878 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report March 19 -22 2010

Thanks for the trip report. I love Old Mill for lunch also. I had to laugh when i read the part about thisbeing your first no kids trip , only to find thousands of kids up and down the strip!

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report March 19 -22 2010

Hey Tony thanks for the trip report and happy anniversary. I have always wanted to spend our anniversary in the mountains but we were married on February 2nd and my husband is afraid to take a chance on the weather during that time. As for me I wouldn't mind getting snowed in for awhile in Gatlinburg/Smoky Mountains. We are in Gatlinburg right now but heading back home tomorrow and trying to decide where to eat breakfast. We just might have to go to the Old Mill but my husband likes Mel's Diner in PF because it reminds him of the "good ole days". We may have to flip a coin.

Linda

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
135 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report March 19 -22 2010

We are heading back to GB with the kids on Thursday morining..cant wait!!

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report March 19 -22 2010

You lucky dog. Have a great trip.

Linda

9. Re: Trip report March 19 -22 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 05:17