We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 2

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 2

Today has been a wonderful day so far. Started out by heading out to Greenbrier and did the Scavenger Hunt along the Porter's Creek Trail. The trail is about 1 mile long and is reasonably easy, with a very slight gradual incline. Quite a bit of the trail runs alongside a stream, which I could sit by all day! At one point I took off my shoes and socks and simply sat splashing my feet in the water. Pure Heaven is all I can say! We saw many various wildflowers along the trail. One of my travel companions had a book called "Scavenger Hikes of the Smokies" which we used along the way. It mapped out various neat little things along the trail, such as an old cemetery, old 'courting' places, a 1/2 mile long man made stone wall, and many other things. This book is a new must have for me, as it was so much fun looking for the things it told you to find. I definitely recommend this book for hikers, young and old. It really made the walk so much more interesting.

We then went out to the Arts & Crafts Community for a quick stop to eat our picnic lunch and to meet up with a friend of mine that traveled in to join our group for the weekend. We ate at a picnic table outside of Alewine Pottery and listened to some music. The weather was amazing today so this was very nice to sit outside and enjoy the springtime. After my friend arrived we walked next door and across the street to meander through some of the shops. We then went to the Soda Fountain Shop and I had a Rootbeer Float. Yum! Sat outside yet again for a bit and enjoyed the company and scenery. I stopped at the Dulcimer shop and bought 2 new CD's of some Dulcimer music done by local guys. I had heard the Hammered Dulcimer a couple of years ago during Smoky Mtn, Tunes & Tales in Gatlinburg and thought it sounded so beautiful, so I am really excited I found a couple of CD's with this particular instrument as the focal instrument.

Then back to the cabin for a short nap and dinner which had been cooking in the crock pot all day. Had initially planned ot head down to the Parkway tonight, as the man at the Dulcimer shop said they would be playing down outside Midtown Lodge tonight, but way too tired tonight. So we are going to enjoy the hot tub, some card games, some drinks, and great friends tonight! :)

Until tomorrow......

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Sounds like you all are having a wonderful time. So glad the weather has been great for your trip. Enjoy your day tomorrow and looking forward to your next update!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Dep - it was 2 miles! You must not have noticed that second mile cause I carried you on my back! :) LOL

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Haha...yeah that 2nd mile sure was tough! lol

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Wish I could have been up there with you guys.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Me too , but I wouldn't have even made 1/2 a mile! :(

6. Re: Trip Report Day 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2010, 15:22
7. Re: Trip Report Day 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2010, 15:22
Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Day 2

(HN)....Thanks. And no bears for us this trip so far. Maybe today or tomorrow. With Cades Cove and Roaring Fork being closed (my usual stops), I'm going to different places for me, so hopefully I'll get lucky to see one this trip. Kind of rainy today, so may change our agenda for the day.

north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Day 2

I thank you too for the report. Hope you will tell us about other areas you enjoy, since Roaring Fork and Cades Cove are closed. We are all interested, as most of us will also be heading that way! ENJOY!!! Sparrow

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Day 2

Sparrow...luckily for everyone else, Cades Cove is due to open up the end of this week for vehicles...so unfortunately, we just came a week too early. :(