We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian food

NY
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian food

Hi, I'm a vegetarian, my husband isn't . I've been following the posts about restaurants, but checking their menus online, I can't seem to find anything on the menus for me. Does anyone know of a nice place that also offers a vegetarian choice, pasta with veg, for example, veg. panninis, etc. I don't care what type of place it is, but it is just my husband and myself and he likes "fine dining". Thank you.

we could also drive to Pigeon Forge, if we need to.

thanks

Edited: 20 April 2010, 02:16
Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian food

There was a thread about this last year on here and a lot of places that had vegetarian choices were mentioned. Here is the link to that but hopefully someone might have some updates as to something new. Sorry I can't help you other than the link.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60842-i150-k27974…

NY
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian food

Thank you

Gulf Shores, AL
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian food

The Hard Rock Cafe in GB has great veggie burgers along with other veggie dishes. We were there last week because my daughter is a vegetarian and 4 out of the 5 people in the group ordered the veggie burger. Even the non-vegetarians loved it!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegetarian food

Cookie thanks for reposting that link. I knew there was a thread on this last year :) Just to refresh, Here is my original post(s) regaring vegetarian options:

I found this to be an interesting question. I too couldn't think of any vegetarian places, even though most places offer at least one vegetarian dish on their menus...whether it be salad, pizza, or pasta. So you could go for the large salad bars at the Park Grill or the Peddler. OR you could grab a pizza at the Smoky Mountain Brewery..OR some pasta at Best Italian. Also, I think I read that the Wild Plum Tea Room had unique salads too.

BUT I did come across one place that advertised a menu with some vegan and vegetarian selections. This was the Whole Earth Grocery Cafe in Winery Square. It says it is a natural foods store, but that they have a cafe that serves lunch from 11am-3pm. I have never been, so I can't tell you what it's like. I did check out the menu & it looks mostly like green salads, wraps, tuna, pasta and potato salad, in addition to a black bean burger. And they have chicken salad if you are traveling with someone who wants something other than veggies or tuna.

Here is the website:

http://www.wholeearthgrocery.com/

AND here is the menu:

http://wholeearthgrocery.com/_wsn/page2.html

I also believe that the Dixie Stampede offers a vegetarian dinner upon request should you be interested in the Dixie Stampede Dinner Show. Here is what the vegetarian dinner includes: country garden vegetable pasta, creamy vegetable soup, biscuit,corn on the cob, herb-basted potato, dessert and unlimited Pepsi, tea or coffee. This information is also available on the Dixie Stampede Website:

http://www.dixiestampede.com/pf_dinner.php

Hope this helps--Happy Travels!!

NY
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegetarian food

Thank you everyone. I know it's hard for us veggies in the southeast. Been around a few times, and lots of ham and meat put in the veggies. I know I could do salads, but I want something more substantial. Again, thanks for the info.

6. Re: Vegetarian food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2010, 07:16