We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

Beaumont, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

where do they play country music in gatlinburg, we'll bring the dance floor

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

Dancing is not allowed-----just kidding. Good luck finding some music!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

The Front Porch Restaurant in Cosby has live music, at least on the weekends. I'm almost possitive that there is a dance floor too. It's been a couple of years since we were there, but the food was really good. At the time it was a byob place.

eastgreatsmokymountainsparkway.com/_dine/fro…

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

There are several places with country music dancing in Maggie Valley, but I don't know of any in Gatlinburg.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
81 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

Hey there Tex! I am from the Austin area, just moved here last fall. If you're looking for a dancehall, you're out of luck. They don't have anything like Gruene Hall or Cowboys or Billy Bob's up here. They do have a place (in Knoxville, I think) called Cotton Eyed Joe's that sounds like a country nightclub from the radio ads, at least. Who knows if they line dance or not, haha....there's a place in Sevierville called The Stadium that has really good acts about once a month, you might get lucky with them....they've had Andy Griggs, Bryan White, the lead singer of Lone Star, and Billy Dean, who I heard from friends was awesome. I caught Andy Griggs there, and people were dancing. He was great, by the way-had no idea how many of his songs I knew! Good luck.

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

Maggie Valley has what you're looking for. But remember, driving back across the park at nite can be slow because of the fog...

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

If you want to do some clogging (or whatever type of dancing) to some good ole mountain music, you could head over to Alewine Pottery in the Arts & Crafts Community. No alcohol there. Only cold drinks and popcorn.

Bob

Beaumont, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

how long will it take to get to maggie valley from gatlinburg ?

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

Depending on traffic, about 1-1/2 hours.

9. Re: country couple dancing , not line dancing, where from texas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 03:16